1. Gameogre47 New Member

I never played EQ or EQ2 all that well. I was always very casual and just never put that much into it.
    I never even hit max level at any point in either game.
    Then I played wow and ended up as a end game raider. It was a lot of fun though I was never a hardcore raider I still managed to do pretty well. Wow is great for what it is but ,,,it got old.
    So I went back to EQ on the last tlp and played until I hit max level and joined a raid guild and it was great. However, with the raiding being so crazy with only a month or so between expansion releases (some releases have multiple expansions) my guild is raiding 5-6 nights a week and err no. I do not like raiding THAT much.

So then I thought of good old EQ2. Honestly, I loved EQ2 more than EQ1, Housing was amazing and Tradeskills & Guild halls were awesome and yeah I might have been a bit crazy buying my characters houses like mad back in the day.
    What I didn't like was the entire Elemental class thing around l;evel 100. I think it's silly bad to play a class for 100 levels and then have to pick another elemental type class on top of it....blah... but I mean I never even made it to 100 so what do I know right?

My questions are. Should I come back and join a tlp? Is it in a good place for new players? Should I just play the normal servers? I have no clue what the game is like now. Do both options raid? Is it possible to do so casually (meaning only 2 or 3 times a week).

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you.
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  2. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Wow, just commented this on another thread, and here comes another one :D lots of ppl coming back it seems, love it!

Welcome mate, welcome!

Both tlp and live are good options imo, but personally I always just stick to live. I highly recommend taking it slow and doing some reading, exploration and maybe even some housing and fishing to get started. For live questing and dungeon gameplay I hiiiiighly recommend reaching out to the community to find a nice guild or group to play with especially since most ppl play high-end content on live nowadays, which makes old zones feel a bit empty by comparison. Don't let that initial first impression scare you off though, old zones can be absolutely stunning and magical:

http://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/returning-player.608690/

http://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2...-another-returning-player-yarp-thread.608752/

Might also be a good idea to reach out to other folks coming back just like you :) that way you can (re)explore things together.
    Feara, Koren and Breanna like this.