Not A Bug The Haunting of Tualanan Bugged! - Buried Takish'Hiz: Terrene Threshold

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chando, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Chando New Member

In the Ro signature quest line "Buried Truths" you enter the instance "Buried Takish'Hiz: Terrene Threshold [Signature]". I worked through the entire instance however I neglected to "read a document" first as part of that sig quest. So I completed the entire instance including killing the last named only to discover I didn't get the update since I did not first "read" that document. So since I had cleared the instance I let it time out and came back a few days later, "read the document" which updated in the quest book so here we go to repeat a new instance of this dungeon. The first named went normal and also the next mobs however in the step to kill the named "The Haunting of Tualanan" it went buggy. The named will not pop and the final square on the floor does not fill in either making it impossible to reach the next portal. So I have no clue how to un-bug this so I can continue this Signature line, any help is appreciated!
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Chrol Developer

In the off chance your instance is still open, please PM me your character name and server and I'll try to log on and check it out.

Alternatively, if it's still open, go back to the location and take a screenshot at the last square you're able to reach, while facing the room's exit, like this:

[IMG]
    Chando and Twyla like this.
  3. Chando New Member

Instance is still open but looks like you're not online at the moment. Attached (hopefully) are screenshots of both the room exit and entrance. The handful of mobs were cleared but "The Haunting of Tualanan" will not pop. I have not posted JPG's before here and the only option I see is to "insert URL" for images so I entered the path on my hard drive.

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Chando New Member

OK, looks like the images are not there, will need some education on how to don that.
  5. Chando New Member

If it will make it easier is there a date & time you will be online? I'm on Pacific time and the character is on the Maj'Dul server.
  6. Ixian Active Member

You need to upload the images to somewhere like Imgur and then paste the URLs it gives you here.
  7. Chando New Member

Thanks Ixian, let's give this a spin here. I'm also not familiar with Daybreak's customer support system for paid accounts, am I in the right place to try and get this resolved?

[IMG]
  8. Chrol Developer

Based on that screenshot, can't you go right, onto the orange square?
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Bellamorte Active Member

You follow the color square that it gives you (In this case orange) It make take you a round about way but it will get you to the end.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Chando New Member

Nope, you have to stay on the same tile color & pattern as you cross the room or you fall through the floor. More importantly the Named does not appear at this point like it is supposed to do so likely even if I could get to the exit portal it likely wouldn't function since it's not enabled until the Named is taken out.
  11. Chando New Member

Yes indeed, it's probably my screen display but I'm on a green colored pattern that I crossed the room on but the last adjacent square in my screenshot is orange and note that it's of a different pattern, if I step on that it's a death fall through the floor. Already gave that a shot for kicks, also tried leaping across to the exit portal but as mentioned to Chrol the script calls for a Named to appear that must be dealt with before that exit portal functions but that Named guy simply isn't appearing so I cannot proceed forward in the quest. I've gone through the entire instance all the way to the end once so I'm familiar with it, the Signature quest update at the end however failed so I have to run it again but I'm stuck now and unable to proceed.
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Bellamorte Active Member

So looking at the pic you posted, You are standing on an orange square, there is a green square to the front of you and an orange square to the right.....If you are indeed on the orange square you continue on the orange... And that is what Chrol is seeing as well....
  13. Chando New Member

I appreciate the help but that is not correct. The square I'm standing on may look orange in the screenshot do to my color settings but I assure you it is green. The square I'm facing is orange and please note that it has a different pattern then the square I'm standing on. Squares of each distinct color also have the same pattern, all green colored squares have the same unique pattern, all blue squares have the same unique pattern and so forth. Also as mentioned already I attempted to step on that adjacent orange square and I fell through the floor as expected. And since the Named mob is not appearing when reaching this point like it is supposed to do the script is clearly broken. If you don't kill the Named in this section the next portal to leave the room is not enabled. If the Named does not appear there is no way to kill it obviously so there is no way to proceed.
  14. Chando New Member

...quick follow up...putting the perception of the color appearance aside for the moment note that the square I'm standing on matches the square to my right and yes that is the path I took to get where I'm standing in the screenshot but that is not the direction I need to go, that leads back to the entrance of the room. Note that the square in front of me is a different pattern (and color) so no I cannot step on that. This becomes a moot point anyway since the Named critter is not popping as scripted.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Zhevally Well-Known Member

The named critter only pops if you make it to the end, which is why it is important. Based on your screenshot it looks like you could go right, stay on the orange square like the one you are currently standing on just fine in the screenshot and perhaps go farther. Your screenshot does not show why you can not continue on. Maybe try zooming out more to give a better screenshot?
  16. Chando New Member

I am at the end of the room in the screenshot, yes I could go right but that goes back towards the entrance of the room where I started and solves nothing. Folks, I know exactly what is supposed to happen here as I've run this entire instance before. After crossing the room and also taking out a few flying mobs, which I did, the named guy "The Haunting of Tualanan" is supposed to appear but he does NOT. Please see my first post.
  17. Zhevally Well-Known Member

He will only spawn if you make it to the end, if you properly went on to the square to the right, the tile more towards the exit should of filled in, so without that tile filed in it is not clear why the path doesn't work. This square in red should fill in if you move to the tile on the right. Then if its not orange like your path it would be clear it doesn't work, but until it's filled in, the picture doesn't show why the path I drew in yellow won't work. That is why people are asking the questions; your first post does not properly address why you could not get to the end, nor does your picture.

[IMG]

Plenty of the paths for this zone loop back towards the entrance before making it to the end, just cause you may have to step close to the entrance than a tile you are on, does not mean it isn't working. Some are just a little step closer, other's are playing the what is the longest path I can make game, while others have zero back tracking. It just depends what you pull.

The named is also not supposed to spawn until you actually make it via the tiles to the other side. Doing ninja tricks to get there doesn't count.
  18. Chando New Member

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already stepped on the square to my right and also backtracked on every appropriate square back to the entrance of the room and then back again across the room and no new squares pop to fill in the necessary gaps as one would expect. I know that the path across the room can be a non linear zig-zag pattern as I've previously run this entire instance before from first Named to the last Named so for whatever reason something is bugged at this point.

This instance expires today so I'm just going to wait for a fresh instance and run it again and hopefully that will resolve the dilemma.
  19. Chrol Developer

You can reset your timer every 90 minutes for the solo zones.
    Twyla and Bellamorte like this.