RoR 7-day overseer quest gives 'temporary' temp adorns

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Chath, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Chath Well-Known Member

The adornments for the 7-day Overseer quest for RoR gives adornments that have the temporary flag, which means they don't persist and vanish on logout. In VoV they did not have that flag, and it seems like a mislabel. At least I can't imagine it being intentional to spend 7 days to get something you probably can't use before you logout and it poofs.
    KingDragon, Tyrval, EmJay and 3 others like this.
  2. Telepath Active Member

Yea. On one hand the temporary-temporary adorns feel like a huge slap in the face. On the other hand they save me the trouble of having to manually delete them. Sooo.. I guess it balances out.
    Twyla and Dude like this.
  3. Ratalthor Developer

This is not a bug, so I have moved this to the Feedback forums for discussion.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Chath Well-Known Member

I genuinely don't understand the reasoning for these being temporary. How would these even be used? You would need to time completion of missions to when you might start to do something, and then it's only good for an hour, at a much lower stat buff than was available in VoV. In its current state, this really shouldn't exist at all - I don't see any benefit to completing the 7-day quest.
  5. Telepath Active Member

Same reason they have done everything in the last few years. It is too hard to balance encounters with so many potential variables floating around out there that they didn't account for. The easiest thing to do is to limit the amount of stuff we can do outside of the box. It is why every item has the exact same stats, reforging is gone, adornments are expansion locked, resolve prevents using older/better items, each expansion has its own currency, and 99% of loot is pure delete-trash. Some of the temp-temp-adorns have useful stats that the temp-adorns do not, and if someone was to save a few up during the week they could use them in a raid, destabilizing everything.