Grave Grange EH2 - Reduce add rate/HP

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by AvenElonis, Jan 26, 2023.

1. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Ok so we did Sacred Gift EH2, Foundation of Knowledge H2 and Eye of Storm H2 in 2 hr 50 mins for the current weekly.

We tried Grange EH2, and it was not even close with the adds for the first name. We got name to pop and I think we had about 10 to 12 adds up at that point before one got to the other side and we wiped. We were dispelling, mezzing, slowing, rooting etc.

I think if you cut the add spawn rate in half, and reduce their HP, we might have a chance at it. Everyone was at or above resolve.

We can do all the other H2s (including Gift), but we haven't gotten close to Grange EH2.

And before someone posts you just need more DPS, yeah I get it that more dps always helps.
  2. Zhevally Well-Known Member

What strategy were you using with the plants?
    Due to getting more plants as the zone progresses, this zone gets easier once you get through the first wave.
    Drona, Smashey, Beee and 1 other person like this.
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

Figuring out the right plants for each wave makes this zone incredible easy. So much that on the 3rd wave you can afk with the right combination.
  4. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Again folks suggesting the zone is "easy" after a feedback post - why do we brother posting at all, so people can be so "helpful"

Got the zone done with a stacked guild group

Used the DPS plants for first two rounds, then low sprout shooter for all on 2nd round, and then the mega shooter on all for the for final.

First name - knock back and Crouch/smelly feet script
    Second name - joust and "new host" - 5 trigger aggro thing
    Third name - Not remembering anything special. Other than power drain was a bear.

But I still maintain that the adds should be slowed done some and reduced HP (maybe a dispel makes them easier to hit.)

Again, my feedback, when a given group can do all the other H2 zones (granted not as fast as the top raid guild folks) this one should be as doable.
  5. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I was asking about the plants, because before the damage in sacred gift was nerfed, it was way easier to make the dps check in grange than it was gift. So was just checking to make sure things were being done properly. [Grange also recieved a nerf to the number of adds in wave one since then]. Especially since your initial suggested was for a reduction of half, which implied being reallly far away from meeting the check, when I've seen groups towards lower end of dps make it happen.

There also is a lot more strategizing in what you kill when in lower dps groups as far as adds go to maximize the benefit the plants give that an be done[but shouldn't be needed in the h2 version].

I definitely agree it should be doable, especially if you are meeting the dps checks in the other h2s that have them.
  6. Chrol Developer

I had recently reduced health of the skeletal orcs in H3 but failed to do the same with the H2. This has been corrected on all servers.
    Zhevally and Taled like this.