Serious question: Why are pre-21 ascension spells dropping in ROR?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Aethos, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Aethos Well-Known Member

As uncommon as ascension drops are, every ascension drop I've seen (of which I've seen 3 since ROR's launch) drop in solos has been sub-20. I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry, or rage at how.....silly this is.

[IMG]
  2. Twean New Member

I have seen 3 ascension spells as well- 2 Journeyman and 1 adept, ranging from lvl 8-16 in RoR. Is this an intentional loot table? If so it’s far behind at this stage and feels like it should be 21-25(of which we have seen ZERO). Please make this make sense.
    Aethos likes this.
  3. Clintsat Well-Known Member

My understanding is that lower level ascension drops are intentional so newer/returning players have a viable way of upgrading their spells.
  4. EmJay Well-Known Member

I thought in beta they said that the new ascension upgrades would drop. /shrug More lies?
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

If so, that's a lousy reason. Guilds should easily be able to help get old ascensions upgraded for the few new/returning players. The overwhelming majority of people playing at end game don't need/want them.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Aethos Well-Known Member

This might be the case, but spells are also dropping that aren't their maximum version. IE spells that have a 2 or a 3, and #1 will be dropping. I don't have screenshots, but that happened to me twice with low level elementalist spells.

Cascading force is maybe not a great example of this, as it does not get upgraded.