Erollisi Day Feedback and Bugs 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Erollisi Day is now active on Test!

The greatest days of the year are here, once more; those days dedicated to Erollisi, the Goddess of Love, and all that she embodies!

Whether you choose to join me and the Sisterhood of Erollisi in our celebrations, near the Cairn of the Huntress in Frostfang Sea, or you seek to strengthen the ties of love in such places as Gorowyn, the Commonlands, Darklight Wood, the Stonebrunt Highlands, Butcherblock Mountains, Lavastorm, Great Divide, the Thundering Steppes, Antonica, or the cities of Qeynos and Freeport, you will find love in a multitude of forms this Erollisi Day!

During this amorous time of year, you’re bound to find love notes or message candies while you’re adventuring across Norrath, including the renewed lands of Ro. They hold worth for tradeskillers, who have new items to craft, and holiday merchants in Qeynos Province District or the City of Freeport, who have new holiday-themed items to exchange for them.

I encourage you to embrace your romantic tendencies, find the compassion within, advance your hunting skills, or all the above!

New features for '23!
    Special Rules Servers
    • Kaladim, Kael Drakkel - The entire event is active!
    • Tarinax - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Heal the Pain
      • Tainted Love
    • Varsoon – Special holiday merchants located in Freeport and Qeynos Province District have over 45 Erollisi Day themed house items and equipment pieces, including a mount, for your celebrations and earn a romantic reputation this holiday by handing out fresh-cut roses to your fellow adventurers. Erollisi roses can be found in Enchanted Lands or Frostfang Sea!
      • This includes in-game mail to announce TLE event
    Live Servers
    • New holiday achievements:
      • Love Renewed
      • Eternally Enamored of Erollisi
        • This achievement is an updated version of "Enamored of Erollisi", fulfilled upon completion of repeatable Erollisi Day quests, including the most recent holiday quest additions.
    • Steven, the merchant, is now selling the recipe scroll "Romantic Gifts to Craft XVI"
    • Douglas, the merchant, is selling 7 new reward items, including new clothing!
    • Changes to “Love Will Lead You Back” the Erollisi Day public quest in The Commonlands:
      • 1 New reward added!
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements
      • Erollisi Day Enamored
      • Rose-Tinted Obsession
      • Lovely Lacquer
      • Cherished Confections
      • On Wings of Love
      • Heart of the Shattered Lands
      • Doomed Lovers
      • Thalumbra Lovers Do It Deep
      • Passions of Kunark
      • Love Found in Innothule
      • Love on the Shattered Seas
      • Love is Eternal
      • Burning Passions in a Frigid Land
      • Hearts Across Faydwer
      • Tender Traps in Obulus Frontier
      • Love is Magic in the Planes of Prophecy
      • Love is Such a Beautiful Chaos
      • Over the Moon
      • Shadow of Love
      • Vetrovia is for Lovers
    • Earning of romantic titles
      • Harvest Erollisi roses in The Enchanted Lands and give those roses to other players. Give enough roses and you will be granted a title!
      • "My Romantic Reputation" quest is offered to anyone that gathers an Erollisi Rose (if they don't yet have the quest).
    • Love Loot -During this holiday players have a chance of finding Love notes or message candies when they kill mobs all across Norrath. This love loot is used in holiday tradeskill recipes and can be exchanged for Erollisi coin by Liannya Heartswell.
    • Erollisi Coin -The holiday currency that several Erollisi Merchants require for purchase.
    • Exchange merchant, Heartgar MacInnes, will take all of your different Love Loot (Message Candies and Love Notes) and change it out for one single type. She can be found in Freeport and Qeynos Province District.
    • Players in Gorowyn that wish to participate can speak with an NPC to be ported to The Commonlands. They can be ported back, too.
    • Players in Kelethin or New Halas that wish to participate can speak with an NPC to be ported to Antonica. They can be ported back, too.
    • Tradeskillers can still purchase previous holiday themed recipe books from Steven, the merchant in Qeynos Province District and Freeport.
    • Douglas and Steven, the holiday merchants in Qeynos Province District and Freeport, have holiday themed items for sale.
    • Returning Collections:
      • Lovely Flower Petals
      • Romantic Flower Petals
      • Returning Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Thralg's Bejeweled Cutlass
      • Thralg's Mad Grobb Grog
      • Thralg's Trained Monkey
      • Thralg's Blessed Cologne
      • Delivery of Thralg's Affection
    • Returning quests:
      • "Heartbreaker" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Love Will Lead You Back" - Public quest in The Commonlands
      • "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Cuts Like A Knife" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Vision of Love" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "A Cold-Hearted Snake" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "I Melt With You" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Could It Be Magic?" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Love Lines" quests - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Find 'em a Find, Catch 'em a Catch!" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Shot Through the Heart" – NOT repeatable
      • "What's Love Got to Do With It?" – NOT repeatable
      • "Bouquet of Trust" – NOT repeatable
      • "Harts Full of Trust" – NOT repeatable
      • "Sacrificial Trust" – NOT repeatable
      • "Unforgettable" – NOT Repeatable
      • "Tainted Love" – Repeatable, once per year
      • "Heal the Pain" – Repeatable, once per year
      • "Hearts a'Flutter: Antonica" – Repeatable
    Any feedback submitted after 01/21/2023 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 02/09/2023 at 12:01am PST through 02/22/2023 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kasa Well-Known Member

New holiday achievements: Received both.

Merchant and crafted items encountered no problems.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The "Could it be Magic?" quest is, I believe, the one that Bawli offers at the Thundering Steppes docks? Don't get me wrong, I love the cloak and all the Erollisi tokens, but the cloak is Lore and No-Trade... :-/

I guess we could always vendor-trash it the next time we do it...seems a pity, though; it's a lovely item. :-/

Could the cloak at least be Heirloom or such? :-/

Or maybe another gift option if we already have the cloak?

Uwk
  4. Raeven Well-Known Member

The Public Quest worked fine, even with just 3-5 participants.

Suggestion on the Heart Shaped Egg: maybe a message when you examine it, like "Egg is not ready to hatch yet, keep checking on it" so people know to examine it after each PQ. As I recall, if you do not examine it regularly it will not hatch, unless that has been changed since I last did the quest?
  5. Raeven Well-Known Member

Ok, if PQ is supposed to pop 1 hour 1 minute after previous one ends, that is not happening.

'Twas 1 hour between the first 2 we did today, but now it is an hour past and nothing happening.

Edit: Ok, it is popping 1.5 hour from end of last, maybe that is 2 hours between starts?
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

This may be a wrong thread to ask, but last year there was talk about adding significant content to all events, just in groups, and the 3 summer events were the first events where stuff was added. Next year some other holiday events were gonna get special treatment.

From patch notes looks like E-Day is not it this year? Nothing really new is being added. But from 2023 Roadmap looks like again the 3 summer events are getting new stuff (versions of instances for lower levels?)

Can you tell us which holidays are the special ones this year? With more than just a recipe book # XX and X new items on vendor?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gah, please tell me the schedule for the summer events hasn't changed AGAIN, or that at least it changed back to what it was... :-/

Time for me to read the Roadmap, I guess. ;->

Uwk
  8. Kaitheel Developer

As good a thread as any, I suppose, Chikkin. Though, I think you may have made some assumptions or misunderstood previous discussions. Last year, a number of people had expressed their concern that new content for live events would only focus on top level characters, and was no longer being designed as something for all levels, or multiple play styles. I had made several posts in response, meant to address this false assumption and assuage those concerns. One such post stated:

Let me now reassure you nothing of that post has changed. As you can see from the 2023 Roadmap, those Summer Jubilee events are getting lower level content added this year, as well as continuing to add more rewards, merchant items, and recipes to all events throughout the rest of the calendar.

But that's not all! I haven't worked out all of the details for all of the events through the year, but I can say that Bristlebane Day is getting a new drop quest, Chronoportals is getting 8 new drop quests and a new achievement, and Beast'r is getting a new collection. We are also expanding TLE live event support where we can, sometimes that means expanding a merchant's selection of holiday items while other times it means making a collection available. What we can make available has to be handled on a case-by-case basis, and need to be examined and changed per event.

I hope these added details help to answer your question and helps to clarify our intentions going forward.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you to all who jumped in and gave Erollisi Day a go on Test this last weekend!

Please be sure to post or submit /bug reports about any issues you may run into, so that we may get them tended to ASAP!

~ Kaitheel
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Love, love, LOVE the new Red Stucco tiles! When will we get the whole building block set, or at least the basic stuff? :)

Uwk
    Alyndrys and Kaitheel like this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

I'll put that down as feedback for next year. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

U, U,UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

Could we maybe get the public quest on Varsoon ? pretty please with hearts on top?
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Sorry, that's not at all possible. It is very dependent upon the full live event.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Kaitheel,
    You had me at "But that's not all!"

Thank you! This is awesome news. Looking forward to this year's events
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am just curious, how is that public Quest in Commonlands connected to the full live event?
    The hearts a flutter race was taken out of Commonlands, and we got the little love dragon as a pet rather than a familiar.
    But I thank you very much for all the goodies we are getting.
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Backside coding to several steps, like the timed activation and the subsequent reward chest relies on the event being active. In order to make content turn on and off with an event being activated (and to thus not rely on server updates to usher in an event) a LOT of content parts are linked to an event being active.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes, thanks! We've been discussing over on Homeshow (channel, forum, etc.) how much we need more Stucco or whatever material in the primary colors in our holiday recipe books! The City Fest Marbles are okay, but sometimes they're a wee bit too dark. The Red Stucco tile is a perfect shade! :)

Uwk
    who thinks: now, if we could only get something like Royal Blue (rather than the dark Navy Blue of Neriak) Stucco or whatever for Oceansfull as a recipe set... :D
    Alyndrys likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you for your explanation Kaitheel.
  19. Crazylayde Active Member

Probably the wrong place to put this (I LOVED all the new items and craftables for ED btw), Since Uwkete mentioned royal blue stucco....Would be awesome to get tiles/building blocks with the same graphics as the Tavalan armor from Sirens Grotto (like scaled tavalan gi). Probably should go on wish list but just thought I would throw this in there.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I agree Crazy, toss it on in before you forget. :D.