RoR: A loot table failure

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vlkodlak, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I have to say, I have never been as disappointed in the game as I am currently. The loot tables and rewards make no sense, there is no incentive to complete any of the shiny collections, or even the zone achievements. The fact that many of us have ridiculous amounts of saddles, and temp adorns that 99% of the player base do not use is just a small part. Farming incessantly trying to find the tiered red adorns for fear etc has lead to distaste for this expansion. The morale of the game feels at an all time low, its time to stop slapping the players and fix the game back to where it once was.
    Bhayar likes this.
  2. Daelini Active Member

I understand this fully. I have played this game from the start and I just couldn't anymore. The xpac is exactly the same as the last one with an overland recolour and changed quest dialog. It is lazy - quests are lazy, rewards are terrible, and you can really feel that the devs have no heart to keep making this game at all.

They have given up entirely - no more long signature quests that required heroics and raids to complete, no more having tons of side quests to keep you entertained, no more HQ's, no more anything. Now it is formulaic - Do full signature and all side quests, do quest line after sign quest (music boxes this xpac, drop / POI last 3 or so), run solos until your eyes bleed and you get enough resolve to run H1, then rinse and repeat until raids.

Give me something to chase. Rare BiS from heroic end names, long HQ to complete (this goes for crafting too - those questlines are outright boring and nothing like they were years ago), Lots of branching quests across large landmasses (everything up to about Terrors of Thalumbra). Something more than the single player, sub-indie type game they keep putting out yearly.
    EmJay, Tanto, Sigrdrifa and 3 others like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Having a diminishing developer pool does that to a game. If you want things to go back to the way they were, start learning to program video games and absolutely insist that they hire you over there in San Diego.
  4. Daelini Active Member

I don't think they could match my current salary so I'm going to have to pass. I wouldn't live in the cesspool that is California (or anywhere along the western seaboard truth be told) anyhow so that is kind of a moot point.

As an aside - it is not my fault they have a low developer count. Lack of advertising, bugs galore, and so much more has led them to a model that is barely sustainable with the staff they have.
  5. Naramee Active Member

My thoughts when I went to beta testing and first zoned to the plateaus. And then I remembered somebody from years back saying: When you see an addon where there are bits and pieces from all other addons, then you know you are seeing the last addon of everquest. I forgot who he was, but at that time he worked for SOE. So now I wonder: was it just his thoughts or is this the last addon. It not only feels dead it looks that way too. So I did already cancle my membership because I dont think it right to pay for something we dont get and I should not be paying for the other games this company is taking care of. I am tired of getting fed bits and pieces from bits and pieces from bits and pieces. Until my membership runs out I am just looking in here and there and enjoying another game that makes more sense then this here.
  6. Shunio Member

I don't think it's good how eq2 has become, why are they spending so much money on dx 11 what's to come shouldn love investing in quest and content, and could do away with addons and get the money in with the sc shop, nice graphics one contentit's not good either, so the players run away anyway, you also want content in a gamer and not just a handful of quests, that's too boring, the game is no longer appealing, I canceled my subscription,
  7. Arclite Well-Known Member

Itemisation has never been a strong suit for the game even during the game's heydays. Resolve has killed any semblance of meaningful gear progression. But to the DEVs credit, I suppose, ctrl +c to ctrl + v has probably streamlined the development process with random name generator for gear close at hand. The way the expansion is currently developed is unequivocally designed to minimise development time. They are already working on the next expansion and possibly the one after that and it all feeds into the company's policy of profit maximisation. How long can they expect to churn revenue from this is anyone's guess but I'd imagine releasing expansion after expansion like this is only decreasing the numbers.

Woeful to say the least.