Fixed Internally Unable to complete Chaos Descending Timeline - Cursemuck cannot be defeated

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Riktor, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Riktor New Member

On the very last part of the Chaos Descending Timeline, progressing through the Ward of Chaos Elements zone, The last step requires a defeat of Lady Najena, she stops receiving dmg at various health %. At 65%, she summons Cursemuck who requires the Fulgurite Strike to take damage. I'm unable to inflict any dmg to Cursemuck, Ive restarted this quest over 5 times and still same result.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Elements_of_Destruction:_Face_the_Chaos

This questline is used by new/returning players to level and gain their EPIC 2.0 spells.
    Maaglok, Drobaselt, Telepath and 7 others like this.
  2. Fulcrum New Member

I am also having the same problem. I was just typing up a report myself.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Riktor New Member

I asked in general as well as on discord and apparently it must be something changed recently because no one knew what I was referring to.

I restarted the quest and dropped my DPS to make sure I wasn't causing an issue due to high dps, I also equipped the Fulgurite Strike in my charm slot. I also pulled the mob downstairs and all over the zone and no damage inflicted.
    Twyla and Fulcrum like this.
  4. Saturnine New Member

I encountered the same issue today as well. Tried chrono-ing to 3 different levels, resetting the instance and restarting the quest each time.
    Fulcrum and Twyla like this.
  5. Fulcrum New Member

I have done this fight with and without my warder. I have done this fight with and without my mercenary. No combination has helped.
    I have tried to evacuate and restart the fight. This did not work.
    I have deleted the quest, then reset the instance, and started it over again. This did not work.
    I have logged out and validated files, reset the zone, deleted the quest and tried again. This did not work.
    I also dragged the mob all over the zone without effect.
    Twyla and Riktor like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

7. Prayos Well-Known Member

Can confirm is an issue. Fulgurite Strike is not removing the Slippery Defense buff from Cursemuck.
    Fulcrum likes this.
  8. Fulcrum New Member

We all have, and the wiki link for the walkthrough was was posted in the first line of this thread by Riktor. As indicated by the wiki, you use the Fulgurite Strike against Cursemuck to make it attackable (removes the Slippery Defense buff).
    This is the part that is not working. Fulgurite Strike against Cursemuck during the final boss fight when it is summoned by the BBEG is not working.
    Dude and KedgeKnight like this.
  9. Riktor New Member

Well understanding that the Devs are understaffed and extremely overworked, also for those that may approach this quest as a method of acquiring their Epic 2.0 spells, I just ran into a merchant in Sanctus Seru offering these Epic Spells lvl 120+ required. I completed all the quest in this questline (except for the very last one) and gained 1 level, I've gained 5 levels doing 4 quest so far doing the Blood of Luclin Timeline.

I have, always possible I could have overlooked something though!
    Fulcrum and Geroblue like this.
  10. Metalstro New Member

I'd like to add my voice to this. I tried this yesterday, followed the wiki, and noticed that the Fulgurite Strike was applied to Cursemuck, but the Slippery Defense was still active. With suggestions from a guildmate, I tried variations of combinations of the following:
    1. No Merc
    2. Letting only the merc do damage
    3. Taking gear off the merc
    4. Taking off my own gear
    5. Chrono down to 110
    6. Reset the zone
    7. Wait till Cursemuck hit me first then applied Fulgurite Strike
    8. Attacking Najena as she ported around
    9. Going in and out of each alcove
    Ultimately, I spent several hours trying to figure this out, all to no avail. It would be awesome if this could be looked at.
  11. Xdatinelia New Member

Adding my two cents to this. I thought it was something I did wrong and have tried most of the above suggestions on my own before coming here to no avail. Could someone please look at this?
  12. Drobaselt New Member

Same issue... Cursemuck can't be damaged.
    Cursemuck has:
    Slippery Defense:
    Reduces all damage done to caster by 200%

The debuff called for and used:
    Fulgurite Strike:
    Decrease Haste of target by 400.0
    Is to be used to cast a shocking bolt of electrical energy at a mud elemental, hardening it for a time
    Must be in Ward of Chaos Elements.

Almost want to restart the zone to see what buff Cursemuck has in the Ward of Flood and Storms to see if it differs.
  13. Drobaselt New Member

Update:

Tried a few other things... no luck, so restarted zone:
    • Appears to be same buffs at original encounter, but original has one extra:
      • Original buffs that appear to be the same:
        • Slippery Defense
          • Reduces all damage done to caster by 200%
        • Chaos Guard
          • This encounter does not benefit from Resolve
          • Increases Ability Doublecast Avoidance of caster by 8.0
          • Increases Flurry Avoidance of caster by 32.0
          • Increases Multi Attack Avoidance of caster by 60.0
      • Additional buff on original encounter (doubt it changed anything though):
        • Chaotic Defense:
          • Will absorb all damage. This spell will absorb a total of 5 attacks.
          • Prevents multi attacks and pets from striking the target
      • Fulgurite Strike removed Slippery Defense on original encounter
    • I tried dragging Najena's Cursemuck all the way to the original fight location - and put him in the water, etc. to no avail.
      • For reference, yes, by using a feather fall to survive the fall, you can drag him down into the halls... She stays on top and can still can still hit you - and you have to deal with respawns, but you can get him there... not that it matters since you can't kill him.
    Giving up for the night...
  14. Fulcrum New Member

Perhaps with the update today, something will reset this critter so we can finish the quest line.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kudos on the detailed analysis of what's happening! The devs always have an easier time with a full description of what's going wrong.
    Twyla and Fulcrum like this.
  16. Prayos Well-Known Member

If only we could get an acknowledgement that they've even seen the thread, that'd be awesome.
  17. Maaglok New Member

I'm having the same issue -- defeated the first elemental Najena summons (Glimmerghast), and Cursemuck is invulnerable even after using Fulgurite Strike.
    Fulcrum likes this.
  18. meed New Member

Also having the same issue, Fulgurite Strike does nothing so encounter is broken.
    Fulcrum likes this.
  19. Drobaselt New Member

Still an issue. (Although, using the open zone from last night that let me go (almost) directly to the fight.

I'll as a side note, feign death does not break the fight from Najena - it does break the fight with Cursemuck, but Najena keeps throwing her stuff at you...
    Fulcrum likes this.
  20. Chrol Developer

You should now be able to use Fulgurite Strike to remove Slippery Defense from Cursemuck.