Info Needed The Final Blow not updating despite finishing prereq

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cailla, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Cailla New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Fens of Nathsar
    Character: Level 120 Ranger

Summary: Unable to talk to NPC despite prerequisite
    Description: I am working on the Final Blow and I have finished the proof of the pudding quest and am even wearing my earring of the solstice. Online it says this is a requirement for Researcher Thelzik Ku'Rok to speak to you. He will not speak to me and I cannot progress in the tradeskill timeline.

Edit to add: Bathezid faction is maxed
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

That's curious, indeed. He speaks common, so language is not the issue.

What exactly does Researcher Thelzik Ku'Rok say to you? (With maxed Bathezid's Watch faction he should give you some dialogue response.)

~ Kaitheel
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Arabella Precari New Member

I am having this same issue now. I'm not KoS, but from the first time I reached him, he killed me after hailing him. There was no book above his head. I was not wearing the earring at first, but then tried again, but I get the same response "Excuse me" and no more interruptions, and he kills me. I followed the steps precisely from the wiki.

My faction is -12,600 apprehensive. I did not see anywhere in the wiki about needing to have it higher.

Please help! Thank you!
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Since Arabella didn't update and we all followed her misadventures with Dalnir in Homeshow channel I'll add that she was advised to cancel her illusion, craft a new one, reset zone and try again. After which she completed the quest
    Kuulei and Kaitheel like this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Ahh and while that advice worked, there is an issue of why does the "illusion" seems to persist, but in reality it does not.
    The item that casts it shows usability 1/1 but she said she was able to cast it again, after he left the zone and came back later, thinking she put on another illusion form which did not really happen.