The Final Blow not offered

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zorryn, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Zorryn New Member

I just finished Proof is in the Pudding. I have done all other quests in KA. Brytthel is not starting the Final Blow quest for me. Does she require Bathezid faction to be maxed?
  2. Zorryn New Member

Btw, my faction with Bathezid is 41k - ally. None of the wikis mention that you even need faction beyond what was needed early on to get Sarnak Supply Stocking.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

The Proof of the Pudding is not the only quest that is necessary to get Brytthel (located in Nye'Caelona) to offer "The Final Blow". Make sure you have completed "Stranger Friends" and "Choose the Slug Life", too.

~ Kaitheel
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Zorryn New Member

yes, I have completed both of those quests as well.
  5. Zorryn New Member

I do not appear to be able to upload images.

- Completed Proof of the Pudding
    - Completed Choose the Slug Life
    - Completed Stranger Friends
    - Maxed out Bathezid's faction +50k

When I click on Brytthel, she says "Surely in your extensive travels you've earned the trust of some outpost of sarnaks somwhere? If not, perhaps you should find a way to do so."

Is this bugged? I do not know what else to do and I have scoured the internet.
  6. Denmum Developer

That is the response you should get if you're already on The Final Blow and need to do the Bathezid's Watch stages for the book. You should not be getting that response if, as you say, you have not even started the quest.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

What is your character name and what server?
  8. Zorryn New Member

Barryn on Maj'Dul
    Halfling
    Level 121 Fury
    Level 124 Woodworker
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

10. Zorryn New Member

ok yes, I went there and intercepted the quest. I never did the first two steps though. I just completed the proof in the pudding quest and never got Brytthel to talk to me. Maybe a Dev advanced me two steps (because someone else was having issues with step 2.)

Oh well, onward/upward. Thanks!
    Taled likes this.
  11. Bahzelina Member

I recently started a new alt and had no problem starting this quest - my problem with it is fishing up the key from the goo. Either the chance is set absurdly low or the RNG hates me.