What features would you like to return to improve RoR?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by jbc1948, Dec 29, 2022.

1. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I'd have a few that would be nice to have back.
    Public Quests
    Random loot chests that you gamble your expac coin on
    Return the TS ability where you can combine powders, fragments ,infusions to create a mana item
    Kryzia likes this.
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

Public Quests were pretty much ignored for the most part after the first week.

The gear crates have pretty much universally been derided by the top players and the devs have said were not meant to let you gear up alts. (They are also suppose to be in RoR but, they are locked behind some achievement, we just aren't sure what the achievement is.)

The ability to combine lower transmutables into higher ones, and higher ones into lower, is typically added way after the content is current. Ergo, we might be able to get them to update the recipes to handle the empyral stuff and maybe the stuff from RoS.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Public Quests in RoS were popular because in the first few weeks, it was very likely to get celestial quality gear as a reward, but then they noticed that stuff was being given out far more than it ever should have been, and they nerfed it, and PQs died down.

VoV had a similar but not as widespread effect of giving really good gear right at the start, but it didn't happen as often as people had hoped, and the drop rate got nerfed again anyway, and people just lost interest. Kill the PQs once for the achievements and/or if you REALLY need that update for the weekly overland, but that was it.
    Aethos likes this.
  4. Aethos Well-Known Member

I'd love to see public quests return, but they need to not be a waste of time. Given that overland heroics are a waste of time (they require H1 resolve but drop 405 gear? um ok. VoV dropped 285 gear I think? When it should have dropped like 315).

To correct a misconception though: VoV PQ's never gave good gear. They should give mid-tier heroic gear. They only ever gave I believe 290? Which is not even as good as the best solo gear at the start of VoV (which was 295-300, 305-310 if you include the witch coven dailies and getting quite lucky with them)
  5. Tridav Member

Reforging stats
    Xillean, Chath and Twyla like this.
  6. Caith Developer

No they aren't, whoever told you that was trolling you.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

During Beta it was said there would be crates tied to achievements - and some were temporarily available on Charife, but I've been telling folks since launch that they were likely pulled completely. Appreciate the confirmation.

(Edit: That said, I don't know who it was that said they were going to be tied to achievements in Ro, and I'm not gonna search through 6 months of messages, so.. it could be an urban legend thing, too. lol)
  8. Noknok Member

I'd rather see the game become a bit more alt friendly and actually remove stuff like familiairs, upgradable mounts etc.
    That or more accountwide shared things like faction, currency, mounts, etc.
    All those training, researching, etc mechanics over all the characters is a chore to maintain.
    Please add some QoL things to the UI.
  9. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Not be so strict with heroics and let this small community group together and have fun running dungeons without having to min max our stats. Having resolve met for bosses means nothing if you dont meet potency/crit bonus/ferver. Leave the hard core min max stat stuff for raids.

Consolidate our spells/AAs/Ascension. Why do some classes need 3 bars just for buffs? Change castable AA skills to add on buff/damage to our current skills.

Rework Heroic Opportunity system and stop "forcing" us to use it and make it more meaningful so we "want" to use it.
  10. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

11. TinweSaa Member

It would be appreciated if the classes were not so horribly nuetered. I changed mains because Wizards cannot generate any useful dps in heroics. I swap to a BL. My friends are kind enough to let me get some gear out of the H1 to catch her up. It now takes 2 minutes to kill 3 linked trash mobs with low dps in a solo when prior to the "better" gear, I was burning entire solo zones in less than 10 minutes of combat time with decent dps numbers.

Also, please fix the itemization. It is completely assinine that cloth gets block put on it when not a single caster can use block and it is the only weight gear casters can wear. Why do we still receive gear with DPS, Haste, Flurry, etc which do not work properly and make no notable difference?

All my stats are all screwed up because of some broken logic.

It would be appreciated if improved gear translated into improved numbers in practice. Instead of moving forward, I am moving backward. No one minds a challege. Most people are looking for one. However, this is not challenging. This frustrating and makes people want to walk away. I know so many people who have abandoned classes they have played for years because of this debacle and quite a few more who are ready to give up.
  12. Zhevally Well-Known Member

[IMG]

It is also worth nothing that at the end of beta there were 410 crates visible for a lot of people. So I definitely DO NOT think someone was trolling someone by saying crates were supposed to be achievement based, since that was the last detail we got on them. If the final decision was to not include crates at all this year, that's fine, cause its beta and things change, but people were going off the last information we received regarding them combined with crates existing on beta, without ever being told they were removed.
  13. Athenia Well-Known Member

This this this thisssss. I really don't understand the logic here throwing stats on gear that mean absolutely nothing in the game. It seems like a waste of time creating on the dev side?

I really miss heritage quests. I'm not sure if I'm minority/majority on this, but I would have loved to have seen a new HQ over our epic spells.
    Twyla likes this.
  14. Roxtar Member

I would like to see Call of the Veteran fixed so it works in heroics. Also the loot tables should be adjusted to drop more control effect runes especially now that they are tiered.
    Twyla and Athenia like this.
  15. girney Active Member

content, content and more content. cuurently there isnt much to do except mindless tradeskill runs to get a recipe book. no road to improvement for solo players. it will take me 25 weeks of weekly quests to get one item greater than 410 resolve. wow. useless nails as rewards. not interested any longer in raiding and no friends left in game and i refuse to do a pug. when soe was in charge, there was plenty to do the whole year after an expac release. now, just boredom
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Zhevally Well-Known Member

What other content for solo players would you like to see? Tradeskill missions every 2 hours is more than 1 weekly quest. Solo zones are where they normally are(except with the additional of obols you can eventually get heroic/raid lvl gear for a couple slots with those coins). We get new content at every level in April and again around August usually. So I'm curious what more content you would like to see/have seen in the past for solo level?
  17. stink Member

I missed crates as well. I also enjoyed PQ's and meeting new people when it had worthwhile loot.
    Kryzia likes this.
  18. Frostii Member

As I posted in another thread, Dungeon Finder PUGS like we had back in the day.
  19. girney Active Member

what is there to do between now and april? there are no gear chests on currency merchant as there was in vov. way back when, there were instances which had multiple levels which increased in difficulty the further down one went. now we have solo instances that can be beat on day one. no more heritage quests. the new epic spell isnt very useful and needs heroic zones to update. public quests have ended. the tradeskill quests are redundant and the recipe drops are too rare. i spent most of last year doing old heroic zones in bol. tried ros but have only killed one named. the name of the game is everQUEST and yet there is a lack of quests. so far this expac has been even more of a fail than vov.
    Breanna likes this.