Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hallelujah! :D

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK/CRAFTING REQUEST:

Hopefully for next year, could we get recipes, for (curtains -- well, yeah) want of a better term, for more "macho" Hanging Boots? The high-heeled, pointy-toed, slim ones we have now are lovely, but maybe something in the same colors or a variety of leather shades that have more squared-off toes, shorter heels, etc.? The leather stockings we have now are cool, but they look like -- well, like stockings, and if you try to pretend they're shoes parked along the wall, rather than hanging from it (Polished Ice dividers are your friends), they look like maybe house slippers belonging to guys who've had their toes removed. :-/

Uwk
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have to take a look , but I thought we already got recipes.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For new stockings? Hmm, yeah, I'd have to look too...not clothes to wear, but stockings to hang from the fireplace mantel or some such. House items. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Next year, can we please fix Gardy Ex-Giftgiver so we can thaw him out, talk to him, etc. without having to worry about "Can't see target"? About the only way we can interact with him (and it's not like that with any of the rest of the NPC quest-givers; all of them are nicely accessible) is to be standing right there in front of him, nose-to-...whatever on us (like, his-nose-to-knees on an Ogre, for example), which would clutter up the area around him something fierce and limit the number of folks who could interact with him. It seems like the patch of snow, ice, whatever he's standing on needs to be smoothed out somewhat? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just out of nosiness, what is the criterion (or are the criteria) for deciding when to open up a "new version" of something? Like, for instance, Frostfang Sea 2 or Frostfell Village 2?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

used to be 50 people in Zone, it is now 30people
    If there are more than 2 zones, each has to have 30 people in them.
    Often people go to the highest numbered zone and you get like 60 people or more, till the zone is closed, but no new zone opens, and that's because the other lower numbered zones don't have 30 people each in them .
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks. :)

Question solved! :D

It also explains why I've seen it "bounce" back and forth, from, say, Frostfell Village 2 back to Frostfell Village (1); it did it automatically according to the population at any given time, apparently. /nod

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

An extra Jarok Frostpetal has been seen on that island; the second one doesn't get involved in the fight, even when AoEs are used, doesn't have his li'l flying buddy with him, and disappears the minute the fight's over, but he is lurking about again, like in the weird old days. Usually I'm too busy to tell whether or not he's at a different level, like he might be if some other player was close enough in the area and triggering him, and he isn't accompanied (like he might be if that were the case), but it's just odd. :-/

Uwk
    who's just glad not to have to fight both sets of those two at once... ;->
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Uwk, can you be more precise please? I've run through Gardy's 2 quests on 29 toons this year and haven't seen this error once. When I did all my final handins yesterday I came at him from all distances and angles and could only manage a 'too far away'. Is your problem specifically with the process of thawing him out by any chance? If so, they need to know this in order to address it.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Feedback: For next year can we please dust off mothballs from these 3 baubles and make them available again?

\aITEM 1201040287 538273115:Blue and Silver Oblong Bauble\/a

\aITEM 404275074 -1497739690:purple and Gold Oblong Bauble\/a

\aITEM -1144080822 -14456480:Red and Green Oblong Bauble\/a
  12. Kattt Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, or someone...can you please let us know if the slippery ice tile is going to be fixed? The event ends in hours now, and I need to know if I should buy any. I understand its a crazy time of year (though I have always thought it was not a good idea to have a big holiday event, an expac, and various things around the time of year when people are off for the holidays, getting sick, and many other things.)

I understand you are all swamped and it seems likely understaffed. I am patient and don't mind waiting for this to be fixed. =) I am sure you have a laundry list. I just want to know if the intention to fix is there, so I can buy a bunch and store away this item and use later when it works like ice should.
    They might be good for notd under something to have the fear effect when used, but for a skating rink, these just won't fit.

I love the idea of it, kudos for that. =) So please, just let us/me know if we can expect this to work more like ice at some point? Like I said, I don't mind waiting, I just needed to know before spending the tokens to get them.

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all of you! :)
  13. Kattt Well-Known Member

Btw, I first asked about this on Dec 6...and I see its going to be ignored. =(

Guess I am skipping them for now, unless I want it for a NOTD house.
    Not cool.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o well I belief they work as intended after all they are called slippery ice, not just ice.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Heyya Kattt!

I am sorry to have missed your original posting on this subject. The slippery ice tile does move the player in unpredictable directions, you are correct. This was the best I could come up with, and I certainly don't deserve the credit behind the idea for the ice tile, either. It has been requested as a Frostfell item ever since the slippy ice region was introduced with the Frostfell Wonderland Village. Unfortunately, the exact mechanics of zone art cannot be transferred to player movable objects. We've been able to fudge some (like climbable ladders!) but a true slide-in-the-direction-you-are-already-moving still eludes us. Even the Tinkerfest conveyer belt is different in that it is pulling you in a direction, according to the object placed, not according to the direction of player travel. It's all scripty trickery! If we do find a way of making a ice tile that functions differently we'll just make a new tile for it at that time. This slippery ice tile will remain as is.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for your answer Kaitheel.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

In a way, yeah, but I think the issue was with the camera going all wonky (perhaps going from third person to first person? :-/) being very disconcerting?

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sadly, I didn't see this until afterwards, but if I approached him from any other angle (and yep, I'm a big fan of coordinates and Facing Angles, so I'd've had that info...sigh) other than straight on...come to think, it may very well have been an issue with the thawing step, since I've spoken with him since he was thawed from all sorts of other compass points and was successful there.

Good thing the Deepice Mystery is non-repeatable! Having to do it only once from now on (since 2020; still kicking myself for not realizing that, and having toons that had done it in 2019 and before) is brilliant; thanks, Kaitheel! :D

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK FOR FF 2023: This may sound weird; as it is, I think we're slowly beginning to get new/more stuff in this department, but it just seems like we could still use more "day in, day out, ordinary" themed household items, as they say, in the recipes. It seems like all the other holidays have it over us rather considerably. :-/

(And please: no more plaid, unless you're willing to do all the other clans... The white background stuff was okay [light Royal Stewart variation?], but red and green? That's 3D Glasses time... Heck, we have all those Clan This and Clan That stuff in the Marketplace, the kilts and full sets and whatnot; we could do plaids from that! :D)

Heck, even just more basic colored Building Blocks would be appreciated. I know there's not many colors already claimed by the other holidays -- red, now, for ED; green already for Brewday (which we could appropriate for Frostfell stuff ;->); all the gold/silver/copper metals for Tinkerfest; black and orange for Nights of the Dead, obvs...maybe if Oceansfull has turquoise, we could have a lovely blue? :D

Uwk
  20. Dahakon Member

Feedback for Frostfell 2023

Frostfell Shiny collections tied behind marketplace pay wall

Can the following collections maybe be added like propper droped ones within the game please. Listed them below
    Collection names:
    Colorful Frostfell Ribbons (95)
    Frostfell Hot Drinks (95)
    Frostfell Sweets (95)
    Jingly Frostfell Bells (95)

Maybe add them within frostfell village its self Or allow for way more present drops / faster timer drop runs Santa Glugs city run with also opening it up to other home cities other than Qeynos and Freeport.
    With how the shinies are earn in current state it would take a very long time to complete them considering 2 of them are marketplace gifty bag only and other 2 do drop from santa glug but very slow timer waiting game and way to rare

I also did add this to the feedback forum back in December 17th 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.