Heroic 3 Loot Feedback

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zhevally, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Zhevally Well-Known Member

So h3 loot is mostly 435, with boss giving 440(however can be the same piece you get from the h2 weekly). It seems like the rewards are really not comparable to the effort of the zones, especially given there is not zone quests with rewards for these zones(they do update your h2 quests, but that just gives you the h2 gear). I would love to see these zones get a daily zone quest for a piece of 440(and cover some of the many slots not covered by the h2 weekly), to give us something worth running em for beyond just getting the achievements. [And I get that they probably have rare drops that are a tier above so 445 from the bosses, but that really isn't enough with the drop rate of rares and the effort of the zones.]
    Manafizzle and Bellamorte like this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Yes, they have a 445 rare drop... but as it stands currently, the H3 zones take effort well above the reward, imo.

I still want to clear them to see what the achievement reward is for all H3's, though...
    Zhevally likes this.
  3. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I agree but disagree at the same time. The effort for the zone is because we want to work it. If they were to do what you ask, then one of two things will happen. The first 2 raid zones we do will suck, because it means nothing as we will have outgeared it, unless ninja leaves the resolve high, which then prevents lower guilds were being able to raid opening raids. The crates caused the same problem. I really, really think they shouldn't have released H3 until raids released and then I think this would've been a viable option to add a weekly. Right now as it stands with 435 dropping, rare 440 and 445, most of your high end guilds will be bored with the opening raids, just like last expac, and all of ninja's work is worth nothing, to be blunt. We had the mage block in place last year lol, but well over half the guilds in the top 20 barely used any of that gear that dropped from the first two raid zones. If they were to add that to H3's, even with raids only being 12 days away from opening, it would just create a disparity that can't be fixed either way you look at it. Get the acheivements and be done with the zone, unless you want to run it. Just my two cents. Again, I think they shoudl've not released H3's until raids opened. Then we would've stayed busy, they could've changed some of the loot, etc, etc.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

You have no idea what the raid loot actually looks like. I understand your point, but you can't just come in and say 'Well, if the content we have is too slow, they can't make it faster because the next content will be made pointless!' - There's not a ton of people even capable of going into H3s as it stands now anyway, but the fact of the matter is the mobs have way too much health so even once you know how to do the fight, you're looking at long, slow fights. And that's only for the people who actually CAN do the fights.
    Zhevally likes this.
  5. Bellamorte Active Member

Yeah,. other than getting the achievement right now, there is no real reason to spend the time/effort in the H3's. The Risk vs reward just is not there. It took us almost 30 min to kill th e3rd mob in Terenne. I know they will soon be outgeared, but right now there is no incentive.
    Zhevally likes this.
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

You're correct. We don't know what raid gear will look like, but we can take a valiant stab at it by using the 465 coin gear, as that was just about right for raids last year, with the coin gear and raids. Gninga hasn't released the numbers publicly yet, but the last hearing was that it was going to be 9400ish which would make it H2 appropriate, and then H3 gear being above it would end up being equal to it at T1/T2 areas. Just thoughts. Tons of people not in maybe, but there are groups in there, and there are groups feeding gear to their guilds, whether those people enter or not, it still means they will end up above T1/T2 raid resolve or right about the same gear. That's all I'm saying. Again, I simply just think they should've released H3 with raids, then we have extra things to do while we're not raiding for thus of us that raid :)
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

Been at 9400 for 2 weeks now, havent touched an H3 and I have zero intention of it. For the same reason I no longer care about the OL H2 mob. If I'm on and guildies need a tank, sure. Other than that, Im not going out of my way to kill mobs with a marginally different script than the tier before for gear I can get for 20 minutes of work.

The gear isnt worth it.
    Smashey and Zhevally like this.
  8. Jawlenz New Member

Would be nice to hear a devs response to know but it will prolly end up like last xpac low for high end raiders and high for low end raiders
  9. Hennyo Member

Knowing that I will be ridiculed for this, the H3's as a solo mystic simply have too much bleed through. Sure people will tell me I just need to "git gud", but frankly, the fights are outrageous from my standpoint and just hit too hard, even the ones that I can kill, are at the very edge of what I can handle, and most of it is due to things like 40% bleed through amounts where if my group is hit with even two ticks of surge without a heal, someone dies. Of course surge happens faster than my direct group heal comes off cool down as well, which means when I run out of longer cool down abilities, it just makes the fights way more dicey than they should be.

That said, yes the loot is a disappointment. Also, I do find the more involved scripts quite a bit of fun, outside of some fights that are obviously glitchy. Sure they do have quite a bit more hp, but I don't really think it is that bad, but the rewards need to be bumped, and the bleed through lowered. The total damage is fine, and if my group was using someone other than a solo mystic this wouldn't even be a concern, but as an entire tier of content designed for a normal heroic group, it shouldn't discriminate against my class so much.
    Zhevally, Obano and Suedoenimm like this.
  10. Thand Well-Known Member

one option would giver h3 mobs a chance to drop a second loot of the same tier
  11. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Just because a few guilds make easy work of t1 raid mobs, does not make gninja's work for nothing. Last year we didn't use the gear from them because the crate gear was better. Getting 1 piece for 440 gear per an h3 zone per a person from a zone quest, shouldn't negate raids in any manner with the amount of work they take. What will be negated without the h3's having more loot is all the effort put into h3s, because people will ONLY run them once for the achievement and then have no reason to run them. Versus for raids we will still do the T1 raid mobs so we can do the T2 raid mobs to do the T3s. We do need actual raid numbers, and to know what raid drops are to really know where the 440 gear fits in that possession. As it stands, there's few slots of 440 available from heroics though. Having 435 in every slot puts you just below the 9445 number(which was given as the highest possible value for t1 resolve), so if T1 resolve is lower and they make 9445 T2 raid resolve, the change I'm suggesting would just resolve in people entering raids at T2 resolve. 435 in every slot gets you to 9435, 440 in every slot is 9540(but getting a daily would not result in most people getting 440 in every slot before raid launches, just because of the amount of effort for h3s, only having 6 per a day, and things like jewelry where we only would get one slot from the crate).

Last xpac most guilds were not bored with opening raids, because they released not quite tuned right so they were hard dps checks for most guilds until tuned.

It would be nice if we did get a weekly as well, even if just for the purple coins, but all I asked for was a daily.

Yeah the bleed through definitively feels high, which is its own issue. But a mystic that normally runs relatively even with me on templar for heals(depending on who gets heals where on the stack) isn't even doing half of what I'm doing for heals in the h3 because wards suck. [However I do think that h3s should take effort to solo heal, and do not want to see the damage lowered from what we are seeing so far, but would like to see bleedthrough come down a bit so shamans stuff works alright in those zones]
  12. Suedoenimm Member

After we kill the last mob in Terrene H3, I will never do this zone again. The fight has too many luck/random things and is not a fun fight at all. Difficult is ok, figuring out the mechanics is ok but yeah...this is not worth the effort. 0/5 stars would not recommend.
    Obano likes this.
  13. Obano Well-Known Member

The loot in H3 zones is fine. The zones just need to be nerfed so that more people can do them and clear the last boss to get the good 440 / 445 drops. I have defeated a few of the first H3 named but can't make any further progress. The zones are over tuned both in terms of dps and heal requirements and need to be adjusted. Also some of the mobs are clearly buggy. The Heroic Opportunity is not removing the detriment on Crusader Palaendor from Eye of Night [Heroic III]. Even though I have defeated this boss the script is not reliable. Sometimes it clears and sometimes it doesn't. It is bugged.
  14. Chrol Developer

When did you try this? It should be working as of last night.
  15. Obano Well-Known Member

It was broken when my group did Eye of Night [Heroic III] on Monday. Spent all of Sunday doing it as well and only cleared the detriment a couple times. Last successful kill was Saturday.
  16. Twisty Well-Known Member

Counter-take - this is the best-designed encounter in all of EQ2 by at least 300% compared to 2nd place of something like RT4 or Trak2.0 or Heroic Varsoon in Palace. There are a couple bugs on the fight, including only partially reliable timing of the Nox which takes some getting used to and sometimes sucking it up and at least just minimizing it to 1 death to out-dps the heal, but all the "luck/random" elements have counter-plays to make them more reasonably handled. I agree this fight is not for the majority of playerbase, and is certainly not worth the "effort" if we're measuring it in loot-meters, but enjoyment extracted from this encounter alone by group i did with is higher than probably all of content in last 3 expacs combined. You can zoom around like Superman for f sakes! TAKE MY MONEY

There are assumptions here - like probably ill-advised attempted solo heals, no power regen, lack of resolve, no voice comms, etc. But with all the ducks in a row, this is the Platonic form of what challenge content in EQ2 should look like and, until now, I had no hope that it could look like. If i could lick Carol for making it, i would. If you have an onlyfans page, please gimme the link, i'll buy the sugardaddy tier
    Smashey likes this.
  17. Twisty Well-Known Member

Counter-take - I think they're tuned near-perfectly. Which is kind of unexpected, given the disastrous track record of such things in initial launch states

Having cleared all but Gift3 (and my understanding is that Gift3 is on the easy side), I can tell you there is only 1 fight that qualifies needing an "unfair" amounts of dps currently - just 1st boss in Grange3. and even then only because most of us are in very sub-optimal loot mix from H2s - we have lot to farm from there; I promise we'll be able to do Grange3 in much more fair group config once everyone can retain their 5x-cbOC set for it.

sure, if u just slap a group together that hit h3 resolve yesterday, many bosses will be a struggle, but not impossible. 20min fights. some - impossible. for that matter, i see no issue with these zones being cleared by a wider audience only with some raid gear, which is around the corner. it is challenge content that requires gearing, how much exactly before attempting successfully - your mileage may vary. and unlike previous incarnations of challenge heroics, these don't require stupid p2w levels to just enter the ride as is on launch. halleluiah, we can haz nice things?! eff the risk/reward ratio temporarily, valid but unrelated problem.

heals are rough in spots and solo heals certainly not recommended, but i dont see the problem with that either. challenge content breaking has been double heals since like eq2 cradle times. then ppl try to get fancy and earn solo heal gold stars for bragging rights. maybe warden+inquizitor combo wont be able to hack it, but any other 2 should be able to with varying degree of rezzing and out-dpsing the death-heals. If anything, crusader aura healing is possibly the problem because that's the major separator in h3 healing experience im sure. Currently it's tuned to feel just about right for crusader + 2heals on just about all fights (as in, not speedometer-in-red, we could feasibly handle higher pressure with some practice). I concede I dont know yet first-hand how different it feels with a different tank archtype.
    Smashey likes this.
  18. Obano Well-Known Member

Certainly not compared to the previous 3 expansions. BoL and RoS were really easy at the start, possibly even under tuned. Every heroic zone was cleared in the first week. In VoV the difficulty ramped up a bit especially with the [Heroic II] zones. Mages were broke at the start of VoV but the zones themselves were fine. Scout heavy DPS groups were very successful with the hardest VoV content.

Now when I say RoR Heroic III is over tuned it is not an exaggeration. The group I am using is not a group I just threw together Yesterday. It is the same group I have been running zones all throughout VoV. We cleared Den2 Challenge mode with little issue other than the fights taking long time. My group cleared Kerns x2 with a solo healer on the last boss. It was hard yes but not impossible. When it comes to Heroic III these bosses are much harder than anything in Kerns x2, Den2 CM, or Diaku Corral.

My group has reached a wall where it has basically become impossible for us to progress further. If we bring in a 2nd healer then we won't make the DPS checks. There is nothing more to farm in H2. The zone quest for H2 doesn't even give loot anymore. There is nothing more to do until raids come out because the H3 is impossible for all but the most stacked super group. That super group doesn't even exist on Halls of Fate server. Every piece of loot I have gotten in H3 has been a sever disco so I know am the only one running this stuff.

As the other poster above said:
    Would agree.
  19. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Heals are not tuned well for a group without a crusader tank.
    Obano likes this.
  20. Obano Well-Known Member

The damage output of the mobs needs to be decreased then so groups that don't have a crusader can do the zones.