Not A Bug Some items no longer for sale in Expanded Veteran's Display Case

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ephras, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Ephras Active Member

Category: Mechanics? or Interface?
    SubCategory: Items for sale on Broker
    Severity: Affects gameplay (it's frustrating having to reset flags -- lately)
    Frequency: Sometimes Happens (lately since last patch -- not sure when it started?)

Zone: Zharius' Villa (Also happens in Villas on other live servers with other characters selling food/drink.)
    Character: Level 97 Monk

Summary: Items no longer marked as "Yes" in Sales Crate
    Description: Since the last update I noticed that my robes are no longer listed as selling on broker -- not all of them, just some of them. The flag somehow gets set to "No" under the "Listed" column of my Expanded Veteran's Display Case. I don't know why this happens. I don't usually change that flag. I have no reason to change it.

I'm using the default UI with all my characters. I have other characters on the other live servers with the same problem there.

Ephras
    Valens, EmJay, Moss and 8 others like this.
  2. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing had happened to a bunch of random, specifically master crafted gear I had sitting on my broker. Just hit the relist button when I noticed but not sure what caused it. [Toon: Zhevally Server: Maj'dul]
    Ephras and Twyla like this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

I also noticed this the other day. A bunch of appearance gear items in 2 of my armour crates delisted themselves on HOF.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My shiny salesman Bonekeeper on Maj'Dul had about half of all the shinies she had up, in six of the 100% discount boxes from various "packs", randomly set to "not for sale". The price that had been set on the items ranged from maybe 200p to 1,000,000 plat, with most of the stuff priced at 9,990 plat.

I thought I must have been really uncaffeinated and somehow done this myself, but now it looks like it was a broker spasm!
    Twyla and Ephras like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I logged in this morning I had one shiny kicked to not for sale as well.
    Ephras likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This happened again today to dozens of things I had up for sale in the following types of crate:
    • (Two crates) \aITEM 1997214007 -1894664492 0 0 0:[Year of EverQuest Merchant Crate]\/a
    • \aITEM -66456414 1300436235 0 0 0:[Atomizing Merchant Crate]\/a
    • \aITEM -344792863 -1658684187 0 0 0:[Chaos Merchant Crate]\/a
    • \aITEM 1066437913 889650277 0 0 0:[Cae'Dal Merchant Crate]\/a
    I last repriced everything on Wednesday I think, and this is Friday morning. Most of the prices were in the 105p to 9,990p range. The toon is Bonekeeper on Maj'Dul.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

I dont think the issue is people not being able to afford the item, but I did just have a random thought - I wonder if it is removing them for sale if someone clicks to buy, gets the 'Are you sure?' Price pop up for it being above their set price limit, and then cancels / clicks 'No'
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Andrea Member

I've been having the same thing happen. Items are randomly listed as "No". The prices are still there, so not a big deal to just relist it. I didn't notice at first because the word "No" was in white not yellow!
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm dubious. My main sales toon sells old shinies... basically any collectibles from the starting island to VoV. I reprice to be the lowest price every couple of days, because I want to sell in bulk, not put a level 1 shiny on the broker for 1M plat and have it sit there ten years before somebody buys it! And if the going price is less than 100p, I pull it out of the broker and dump it in our guild shiny box.

I vaguely think I recall in Ye Anciaunt Dayes when we had to go to our inn rooms to get the money out of the broker that stuff would delist if you hadn't logged in in a while. OTOH, my sales toon logs in every day. I last repriced stuff on maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, so I had been (1) logged on and (2) active on the broker. But I did not necessarily change prices on everything.

All I know is that broker maintenance with 5-6 100-slot boxes is already a literal pain in the carpal tunnel, and I don't want them adding more things I have to click in there. I'd be okay if they delisted stuff on toons that haven't logged in for, say, a year. Or even a month! But not what's happening now.
  10. Yavie Active Member

I have also been seeing this in my various toons that have items for sale. Usually the new MC stuff from Ro.
    Ephras likes this.
  11. Tedra New Member

Thank You! Yes! Yes! Came here to see if anyone else had posted about the same problem. Not just expanded Vet Display case either and on every alt broker as well. highly annoying. When I started to see multiple things disappear from the broker (other sellers) I figured that I was not the only one having this problem. Maj Dul server
  12. Wretchin New Member

Also occurring on Halls of Fate with 4 of my toons.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nothing about this change has appeared in the Update Notes. I'd like for a dev to explain why the change was made, and what it's supposed to be improving.
  14. Twyla Well-Known Member

Me too. It is very frustrating to have items delist for no fathomable reason.
    Ephras likes this.
  15. Lucrethia New Member

Same here...annoying!
    Ephras, Twyla and Jughudo like this.
  16. Faelynn Active Member

Just experienced this today on Faelynn (Skyfire) - she has a no-broker-fee crate that wasn't touched, everything's ok there, but both of her Veterans cases had ALL their contents delisted. These were all things I'd priced within the past week, too...
    Ephras, Twyla and Jughudo like this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

Still happening here too. One of my toons on HOF had everything delisted again a couple of days ago in 2 different armour crates.. The other selling toon was fine.
  18. Valens Member

Hello:
    Nearly every day now for the past month or so, items I had listed for sale on the Broker change to not listed. Everyday now I have go through each character sales display and re-enable List Item for Sale on 70-80% of the items. Is there4 something on my end I can do to correct this growing annoyance? :)

Thanks and Happy New Year
    Ephras, Xillean and Twyla like this.
  19. Xillean Well-Known Member

same here, several times ill go and see my stuff unlisted and have to relist, nearly daily. Not sure whats causing it but its annoying.
    Ephras, Valens and Twyla like this.
  20. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I was hoping that when I saw this happening that it was DB's attempt to fix the broken broker system and forcefully remove all of the items that are over the bogus 50 mil limit they have placed. But it appears it is only certain people that it is affecting and the broker is still unchanged.
    Ephras and Valens like this.