Rarest Item in the game!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by FuRiouSOne, Dec 14, 2022.

1. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that. I know at least a dozen people with that book. I know zero with advanced Tailor III. But it could just be the circle I run in.
    Tridav likes this.
  3. Denmum Developer

On my play characters, I've managed tailor III, but have yet to see the provi book. Bristlebane and the RNG like to mess with all of us. :D
    Xillean, Tedra, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  4. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

I stopped doing research quets due to nail bloat and angering me during Christmas, now spamming chat and watching broker for the book....

Paying 200mil for the book if anyone has on HoF :D
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I gave one away on HoF on day 2... haven't seen another since. :eek:
  6. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Just logged in and there it was sitting on broker for 50m FINALLY got my book!!! :cool:
    Breanna and Cyliena like this.
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

As i posted elsewhere, I've seen this book twice. I've not seen a single carpenter book and only seen 1 alchemy book (as a drop.)

Seems very rng.
  8. Oradim Well-Known Member

I know this is likely very much "gee whiz" information and not something anyone would take action around. But I had the opportunity to run through the Renewal of Ro trade skill research missions covering a total of 7 days recently. Here are my results:

4 individual characters
    6 mission windows per day (US/Eastern: 08:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 02:00 PM, 05:00 PM, 08:00 PM, 11:00 PM)
    3 missions per window (1 from each researcher)
    7 daily runs over the last couple of week

So, that resulted in 504 runs through the researcher missions:

4 characters x 6 mission windows per day x 3 missions per window x 7 days == 504 mission runs (or 126 runs per character)

I got 1 advanced provisioner book (if I recall it was on the second day).

Of course I got a few other items and maybe one or two nails along the way.

While they were friendly, I'm taking a bit of a holiday from Bairam, Hamid, and Shahini.
    Cyliena likes this.
  9. Mellody Member

A month later, I still run the quests a couple times daily and have never seen it. I've gotten every other profession book besides the one I need. Never even seen it on the broker either. Why is this one soo rare?
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's the RNG. Check the broker, people are selling the books for much lower prices than they were right after the expansion dropped.
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I managed to get a Provy recipe and sold it for 400 million. Two days later, the person who bought it from me got one for herself.

If you want rare, try camping for a brawler gi found among a loot pool of 60 items, of which only 2 ever drop at a time from a rare epic mob who shows up in a contested dungeon, who can despawn if too much time passes before he is slain. It took me TWENTY-TWO months of non-stop camping to get that one.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

All books BUT provisioner on HoF server. I find one for 50m on broker maybe once every 2 weeks. I did get one today doing graceless solos with a friend.

Being there is only 1 provisioner book compared to 3 other crafter books is maybe whats making provisioner so rare. Yes RNG is RNG but there is something wrong with the calculation/algorithm due to the 1 vs 3 books.
    Lateana, Twyla and Mellody like this.
  13. Heresford Active Member

It seems pretty apparent that the Provisioner's book is being scored as a Level III for its drop rate. I've seen one on the broker exactly twice, both times for 50 million plat. I passed it up the first time and snatched it up eagerly the second time, which was just two days ago.
    Mellody, Andric and Carizia like this.
  14. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

4 months and now we get to see more then 2 books on broker lol. Now thats a rare recipe!

[IMG]
    Cyliena likes this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea I've been doing them anywhere from 1 to 9 times a day and still haven't gotten one SIGH!!!!!!
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As of today, and not counting the other 15 toons who ran them to fly in zones, I still do them several times a day on 2-3 different toons and have yet to see a provisioner recipe book. This is a classic illustration of how broken RNG really is in the game. I have better odds of being hit by a lightning strike or attacked in my bathtub by a great white shark.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Bentenn Well-Known Member

RNG does suck for sure. All my provies have it, but I can never get familiar XP potions from overseers lol.. lots of merc ones and I can train like 10 mounts, but familiars hardly any. SO i feel you with RNG, but if you know people with the provie book it doesn't matter then as you can have things made, but If i know people with familiar xp pots, I can't have them toss me some. It doesn't all suck that you don't have it as long as you know someone. That's the community aspect :) lol. I feel for you, but at the same time, you're food drink is still obtainable, where as something RNG to raise a level of something needed as well, I simply don't have the RNG for it and can't get it anywhere else..
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It just depends on whose ox is getting gored. My point is I have all these toons for a reason: so I can make stuff when I need it and not be reliant on asking someone else to do it for me. The real point is that RNG as a functioning tool in game is not. If it was random, after almost 5 months of daily activity, it should have popped by now. There's nothing random about it. We all know people who are always getting everything or multiples of a rare something or random rolling with nothing but 80+ every time. Sorry, but maybe we just have a different definition of "random."
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ya what Bhayar said :) I've ran 13 through the timeline to fly and yes same here I do it daily on at least my main depends how much time I have I run it on other if I have the time. And yes I don't want to ask, I have every profession so I don't need to.
    Bhayar likes this.
  20. Celestia Well-Known Member

Glad I came back when I did then, just bought it on Maj Dul for 5 mill. (Technically I'm not back back, but I log in every now and again.)