Fixed Internally Tenebrous Heart of Manipulation (new necro heart spell) not working properly!

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by SauronVonkern, Dec 18, 2022.

1. SauronVonkern New Member

I've been having this issue every grp I have a necro in which is he will cast Tenebrous Heart of Manipulation so we all have them and after I use 1-2 of them they stop working and they don't give any power at all, it will still use a little bit of my hp but I get no power in return!
    Sentrasia, Tkoss, Benj and 15 others like this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

This is a known issue, though I don't know where the bug post on it is at the moment.

The issue is: When you die - any time you die - if you have *any* type of Necro heart (old or new) summoned in your bag, the effects on it completely drop except for the health cost to cast it.
  3. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

This is an aggravating problem that's going to translate to us having to cast 24 single shots of hearts repeatedly in raids if it is not fixed by the time raids go live. It's already pretty irritating in heroics.

This is supposed to be a 'special' new spell that we're farming solos until we hate them and standing on a beach for hours to camp an NPC to get, and it doesn't work properly. That doesn't feel great.

Editing to add: It's not JUST the new spell that isn't working. It's all necro hearts. If someone dies, the hearts lose all of their benefits. Please fix them.
    Ganador and ojomi like this.
  4. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I can't find another post about it, either.
    Ganador and Taled like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Its possible it never got posted here after the expac moved to live now that I think about it. I knoe it was mentioned in beta but can't recall for sure if a report was ever posted here.
    Ganador, Aethos and Manafizzle like this.
  6. ojomi New Member

Please fix this. It's our "epic spell" and is completely useless.
    Ganador and Manafizzle like this.
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

Its not "completely useless" but, it is pretty broken. That said, we can hope its in the fixes for Jaunary or will be. There will be no patches until then.
    Ganador and Aethos like this.
  8. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Ojomi's point is valid, though. To cast this at start of raid so you give everyone six clicky hearts sounds great! But then as soon as anyone dies, their hearts are useless and you need to replace them with the old style single target combat hearts. Therefore it is not worth casting this 'epic' version, since we'll be doomed to chucking single target combat hearts at every single raider over and over again for the duration anyway. And anyone who has played for a little while now remembers that our raid-wide hearts were broken for a chunk of time not so long ago and casting single target hearts exclusively was absolutely miserable.

Old hearts need a different hotkey than the epic version, too. It's not just inconvenient for the necros, it's inconvenient for everyone.
    Ganador and Aumarea like this.
  9. Aumarea New Member

Please fix this ASAP - it's terrible that our epic spell ends up being virtually useless if anyone dies!
    Ganador likes this.
  10. Twisty Well-Known Member

it's a complete misnomer and is counterproductive to our goals to keep referring to new Necro Epic spell (Abominate Undead) being useless. ability is not great as designed - definitely. smacks of the person designing it not playing the game at advanced-enough levels to understand why it's poorly designed - sure.

but that's not the issue of this post. the issue is that all Necro Hearts, old style and new style (casted with Abominate Undead active), become broken when a person dies with them in inventory. that's a complete disaster. yet nothing to do with the new epic spell.

Abominate Dead being a lukewarm ability is a valid but separate issue. It joins a large table of lukewarm class epic spells.

Hearts casted with Abominate Undead not being identical item as regular hearts is another big, but secondary issue. This means people now need to dedicate 2 hotbar slots to hearts, since the new/old hearts dont replace each other on the hotbar with just an updated counter.
    Ganador, Aethos, Clintsat and 2 others like this.
  11. Miragian Well-Known Member

I think the conj shards also have this problem but I am unsure.
    Ganador likes this.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

Conjuror Shards do not stop working on death.
    Ganador and Aethos like this.
  13. Miragian Well-Known Member

Huh, and here I thought they were mostly copies of each other. :confused:
  14. Thand Well-Known Member

conj shards bug on death also though not as drastic.Conk shards wi still give mana though all of the other effects on the sharj such as our AA fervor buff and mana drain reduction stop working
  15. Aethos Well-Known Member

Normal (non epic version) hearts bugged for my group a few times earlier today. It happening on death also seems inconsistent. One time, I died and my normal hearts were bugged. Another time I died and they didn't.
  16. Kaladz Active Member

Adding additional information here regarding this bug.

When Abominate Undead spell is cast and then Dark Heart or Miragul's Dark heart Summoning is used and the player dies, the heart will lose most of its effects. If the Dark Heart spell is used, the power effect is retained but other parts are lost. If Miragul's Dark Heart Summoning is used, all portions including the power gain is lost.

Attached is screenshots showing the item before and after the player with them dies:
    [IMG]
    Razpberry, Anastaise and Ganador like this.
  17. Grayalex New Member

Bug is still active. When a player dies in raid, the hearts break (can be used). Impacts raid fights when a portion of the raid dies, after revival, their hearts are broken. Can only be replaced by single target casting. Can't use epic reliably due to long recast, so revived players have to settle for the old hearts. Please prioritize. Thanks!

Conjuror shards work fine, they do not break on death.
    Sentrasia likes this.
  18. Kaladz Active Member

This is still an issue. Any chance for a fix for this bug in the near future?
    Sentrasia and Taled like this.
  19. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Still an on going issue. Any update on when this'll be fixed?