Where to get RoR Tradeskill recipes from?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kini, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Kini Member

I've finished the RoR TS timeline, opened up flying in all 3 areas, about 1/3 the way thru the Adventure timeline, but still don't know where to go to get recipe drops from. I tried to do the weeklies, but I get 1 shotted every time. My potency is just under 800,000% and my Resolve is at 8,457.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

The recipies might be in one of the 3 TS dailies, or as random personal drop in any named chest (maybe after the TS)
  3. Bramdar Active Member

Recipes can drop in the solo instances if I'm not mistaken, but I haven't seen any yet. They are also potential rewards from the tradeskill missions available from each of the researchers. I have all but 3 of the books at this point, after taking 12 crafters through the tradeskill signature questline and the missions required for flight. So some of the books are rare compared to others, but that's where they seem to be most frequent.

If you're having a hard time with combat, it's often low crit bonus. Make sure you're using the most currently available mount and familiar and that both are summoned.

(Edit: Sigrdrifa's RoR gear guide is excellent if you haven't gone through it already. But in case you have, there have been definitely been a few "mobs are too difficult" discussions in which the wrong familiar was being used, or it wasn't active.)
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are no tradeskill dailies. You get recipe books by going to the tradeskill researchers.. these are the same NPCs you interacted with during the regular tradeskill sig line. They have little missions that require a little harvesting and crafting, and since I'm still drinking coffee and not alive yet, I don't recall exactly how long it is before you can pick up the mission again., but you can do it several times each day for each researcher. I.e., you pick up three missions, one from each researcher, harvest, craft, turn them in, then rinse and repeat later.

The reward from these missions is often a crafting nail white adorn... there are already threads lamenting on how often the nails drop. But they also hand out Advanced Hizite recipe books that make Mastercrafted stuff.

Once you have done the tradeskill sig line, your guildhall book seller or one of the NPCs in your city's crafting headquarters will sell you the basic Plateaus recipe books with the Handcrafted recipes.

Everybody has three advanced books, except provisioners, who only have one. Some will be available on the broker, and the prices have come down a lot since launch on many. I think I've had a recipe book drop in a Solo dungeon instance as well, but I am not 100% certain about that. But non-adventurers should not fret, you can get the books from the Tradeskill researcher missions just fine.
  5. Kini Member

Ok, good to hear, I guess I'll just keep plugging away the repeatable tradeskill harvesting quests.
  6. EmJay Well-Known Member

The non-mastercrafted profession recipe books can be bought from the recipe seller in your guild hall
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

Some of the advanced books (specifically the non-class specific ones are also eventually buyable from the research assistants outright for tokens. I.e the tinkering recipes.