Allow access to Grandmaster and Ancient spell recipe books

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Miragian, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Miragian Well-Known Member

Please add a way to get the grand master and ancient spell recipes from VoV. Ideally with a lot less RNG. They are still realavent and many of us still don't have all 5 grand-master books. I've never even seen the ancient recipes.

For reference I"m referring to:
    Dreadfell Grand master Recipes Volume I - V - Used to craft Grand master spells 121-125
    Ancient Vetrovian Teachs Volum I - V - Limited combine recipes for Ancient spells 121-125

They were very rare for many of us in VoV and its inconvenient to have to o back and run those weeklies in addition to all the researcher missions, just in the off chance of getting one of those 10 books.
    Twyla, Ganador, Benj and 1 other person like this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

As far as I know, The Ancient volumes only drop off named in the Akashic Incursion raid zone. Generally, get 1 or 2 of them on each clear of the zone. The GM recipes I got form doing VoV weekly TS missions. And LOTS of them.
  3. EmJay Well-Known Member

There were one-use ancient recipes which also dropped from VoV tradeskill missions. I got one in the first week after launch last year and that's the only one I've seen. I've done many, many tradeskill missions in VoV trying to get the full set of the grandmaster books, but two of them just never dropped.
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

The fact that they are so rare is the whole reason I'd like to have a current expansion way of getting them.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We're still running Akashic Incursion to get the books. Spells at this level are not considered "required" for Solo or Heroic content by the devs, so usually the methods for getting the recipes require raiding.
  6. Miragian Well-Known Member

They do come from the TS weeklies in VoV but, preferably we won't have to keep backtracking to run those for a year.