Message regarding mount and barding slots

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kloo, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Kloo Active Member

I recently won Titan Carpet of the Plundering Horde from a heroic instance. I loaded the mount and began to train it. I also used barding unlockers I had to open up the slots on the bottom row. There were no issues doing that; however, now whenever I zone, I get a system message saying I must be mounted to unlock an extra barding slot. All the extra barding slots are unlocked and have bardings in them. Can we make the message go away? It's getting annoying seeing it ever time I zone.

Server:Halls of Fate
    Character: Kilee
    Mount Titan Carpet of the Plundering Horde
    EmJay and Twyla like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This happens when you accidentally try to apply a 7th barding slot unlocker. You will need to open a Support Ticket.
    Taled and Twyla like this.
  3. Kloo Active Member

But I didn't try to apply a 7th barding slot unlocker. I am very careful about that. I suppose I could open a support ticket. What will they be able to do?
  4. Bramdar Active Member

You can also switch to another mount and use another barding slot unlocker on that one - doing that will stop the messages. I've moved too quickly unlocking the barding slots in the past, so I've had this happen more than once. It is a workaround and it does require you to use up another unlocker, but at this point those items are pretty common so you might have some to spare.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The CSRs can do something on their end to stop the message. This does need to be recorded as a bug, though. The code should detect when you have all the slots open and refuse to apply the 7th.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Kloo Active Member

This workaround worked, thank you!
    Sigrdrifa and Bramdar like this.