Fixed Internally Quest won't update - Eafrygia music box

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kindra, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Kindra New Member

hi, i am on the Eafrygia music box quest and when i complete it it gives me the collection key reward but wont update my quest. i just goes back to saying " I need to find the eafrygia music box key" this is the last one to do for completion of the boxes. I have done this quet 3 times now and it just keeps doing the same. i think its messed up somehow.. could you please look into this for me.. even if i have to do this eafrygia part again for the 4 th time i dont mind lol

Character - Kinds
    Server - thurgadin
    Galthier and Twyla like this.
  2. Kindra New Member

I alos desperatly need this fixed because its stopping me seeing the person who i hand in the fetiliser to so i can start my epic quest line from the flower..
    thanks
    K.....
  3. Miragian Well-Known Member

So you have gone back to the orginal music box and opened it in Plateaus?
  4. Kindra New Member

yes nothing happens.. my quest just resets after killing the 15 octopus's

thanks
  5. Galthier New Member

I also have this problem, you get the quest reward and the Key collection item but that's it.
  6. Kindra New Member

Yes exactly. The quest just reverts back to " I need to find the eafrygia music box key" after killing the 15 mobs
  7. Kindra New Member

maybe have a fix if it works, someone said wait till mission timer runs out. so just over 5 hours to go and ill do it again.. fingers crossed

thanks
    K.....
  8. Galthier New Member

Update: Managed to complete this quest tonight, I finished all the other quests in this series and came back to this one, deleted the quest, checked bags were free of anything that might be related and tried again. It went through with no issues.
  9. Kindra New Member

nice one m8. ill just wait for timer to run out just to be sure..

thanks again
    K.....
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Kindra, I am trying to see where the hang-up may have been.

After the mission timers had reset and you reobtained "Raj'Dur Plateaus: The Eafrygia Music Box", were you able to get "The Eafrygia Music Box Key" sub-quest again (the one that comes from the octopus)?

Were you able to complete "The Eafrygia Music Box Key" sub-quest? Did that automatically update "Raj'Dur Plateaus: The Eafrygia Music Box", the main quest, this time?

(Having two quests so similarly named can get a little confusing for us all!)

~ Kaitheel
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Kindra New Member

not sure what happened and why but after timer reset it worked sfter doing the quest for a fourth time lol..
    answers to your questions
    yes everytime (4 times) i was able to get the chest spawn and get the quest from ther scroll, the problem was after doing that quest, (15 kills) the quest reset back to wanting me to find the key again (chest/scroll)
    it worked after timer reset not sure why it was bugged like that..

many thanks
    K.....
  12. Ejiju Member

The most common reason for failure on the music boxes quests seems to be doing them grouped with other people. You pickup the music box quest and the group kills the required 15 mobs to update the group, but 1 person is a little bit out of range of one of the kills and doesn't notice they are 14/15 kills. You then go to the next zone, kill the mobs that drop the key clue, pass them out to the group and then kill the 15 mobs and get the key. You return to the 1st zone to open the music box and either knowingly or unknowingly kill the 15th mob that one person needed and their quest advances to the 'find the key' step. Problem is, they already have the key, the quest does not progress and it's up to 18h before they can go back to repeat the key quest in order to advance the music box quest.

There may be other ways to get it stuck, but that's the only one I've personally witnessed.
    Kaitheel and Taled like this.
  13. Sweety D Well-Known Member

I have had the same problem, many times. Quest won't update. Deleting quest and everything related to the quest, then waiting a full day, seems to help. However, if you do any Music Box quest it group, it seems to break the quest. So Frustrating because at this rate it's going to take forever to complete.
  14. Never'Fails New Member

ive completed both sig and music box quest and merchant isnt visible or able to hail can someone guide me on what to do
  15. Kaitheel Developer

That's the key to this issue. That'll help immensely to finding a solution for it. Thank you for sharing your observations, Ejiju!

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Twyla, Taled and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

A fix for this confusing situation is instore! Keep an eye out for the following change listed in the update notes to know when it goes live:
    • All Renewal of Ro "Music Box" quests - Finding the music box keys update should now recognize the proper key even if it is already in your inventory, when the corresponding key quest has been completed, no matter what zone you are in at the time.
    ~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Twyla and Taled like this.