Confirmed Great Candy (Cane) Chase camping bug still lives...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Marae, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Marae Well-Known Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Other
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Happened Once

Zone: Frostfell Wonderland Village
    Character: Level 125 Wizard

Summary: Still can't camp after doing The Great Candy (Cane) Chase
    Description: I know having us dismount before picking up the present was supposed to fix the bug, and this is the first time I've had trouble with it since that fix. But just like it used to be, after doing the race just now it told me "You must be able to sit in order to camp." Dismounting and then jumping before remounting fixes it (as it always has), but I thought I ought to let folks know that that fix wasn't perfect. For the record, I did remount after picking up the present, but I've done that consistently since the fix and had no problems until this time. Also for the record, I have done the race on this same character with the same mount equipped at least once previously this year and had no issue camping afterwards. This was on the Thurgadin server.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Marae Well-Known Member

A little update: It just happened again with another of my characters.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Current theory: After you then hit the last present (where you get flung in the air) you should let yourself float down, because if you interrupt the floating by pressing the jump/fly key you will not be able to /camp out afterwards. But if you wait until you have floated to the ground and then jump/fly everything is fine.

Have you found this to be true?

Have you observed that the bug happens only while you are on a leaper or flying mount?

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Marae and Twyla like this.
  4. Marae Well-Known Member

Yes, Kaitheel; in fact, that's what I came in here to report. If you land without jumping (sometimes you can coast all the way back to the quest giver!) you can camp thereafter; if you fly/jump, then you can't. Also, if you zone, then you can camp, and as I noted above, dismounting and jumping enables you to camp - but you have to jump. Just dismounting doesn't fix it.

As for the type of mount, I've only done it on flying mounts this year. I can test other types of mounts, though. I'll try to do that over the next few days and report back here.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, I ran the race on several characters today, using all the kinds of mounts (flying, leaping, gliding, and ground). I only experienced the bug on the flying mounts. I could hit the space bar before landing on any other mount and still camp after I landed.
    Kaitheel likes this.