Sandstone Delta: Eye of Night [Heroic 1] Feedback

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zhevally, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I feel this zone should give a warning before the last named that killing trash is important....while people will know this after pulling the named if they pay attention, would be nice for people to get a warning beforehand to avoid backtracking.

The eyes that buff the trash should have a larger range to be destroyed, so we can reasonably destroy them without pulling the nearby mobs that are buffed by the eyes(and can wait for the buff to drop). [realistically on a lot of these 5 meters, maybe 10 on the range would do the trick]

The third named with the 4 adds that all get the buff, should probably not have a eye thing on the other side that you can only get to by pulling the named, given having 4 things with the buff is rough(and I get people could just pull them really far back so it takes 10 seconds to reach them, but this is an h1, leave it for the h2)

The fourth named with the bat add should really not get the moonlight buff from the bat, especially while the bat is mounted/unable to be pulled away. Honestly for the h1 this named could probably do without the mooonlight buff altogether[or make the bat not a shadow creature].

Alternatively significantly lower the moonlight strike damage, but I'd rather see stuff done to make the buff more easily avoidable through doing the proper means then it getting made a thing we can just ignore altogether.
    Taled likes this.
  2. Gematria Active Member

You can dispell the buff they get from the Shadow creatures, so once youve destroyed any shadow things around them, toss a dispell and its gone (until they get near a shadow thing again)
    But I agree, the Shadow buff is very hard to counter. I basically ended up kiting trash around while DPS burned it down because we would just get oneshotted if they got a hit in.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

You can, but this is an H1. My group is fine, but an H1 should not require that level of coordinating dispels to avoid death. It would be fine if people could destroy the eyes without pulling the mobs and then wait for the buff to drop.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

There is also *zero* delay before the proc from the buff can occur - So if the Cyclops gets a buff from an add, for instance, you can have Moonlit strike immediately proc and destroy your group. It hits too hard, either way.

There are also a handful of abilities that hit way too hard without any buffs included - 'Dark Infection' from the Servitor of Shadow mobs hits me for up to 5 billion on a 9100 resolve Guardian; 'Hand of Ro' from the A Sun Scion mobs hits for up to 4.5 billion; 'Thrasher' from the Servitor of Shadow mobs hits for up to 3.3 billion, etc. It goes down from there, but there are a lot of hits that are clearly being boosted far too much by the stats on the mobs in here. (Or just have way too high of a base damage amount, I guess? lol)
    Zhevally likes this.
  5. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Moonlight strike should honestly hit for like 2 billion, just below most people hit points, but high enough to be punishing(with changes so people can avoid it without coordinated dispels).

I find myself on the templar using true faith for a 50% damage reduction on the tank basically as much as I can on trash, and trash should not be hitting hard enough for that to be saving a tank from going splat considering all healers do not get it.
    Taled likes this.
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

The buff (Night's Eye) on the Attuttam the Sword's Breeze (4th name) has a 35% chance to 20 to 24 billion, if we didn't dispel the name fast enough like within 1 to 2 sec, it would one shot me as the tank (Guardian). And yeah I was using death prevents and temp def buffs :)

I think this buff needs to changed or toned down.
  7. Chrol Developer

The following updates are currently live...
    • The Night's Eye trigger chance increases by 5% per zone difficulty, starting at 20% in [Solo], then 25% in [Heroic I], 30% in [Heroic II] and finally 35% in [Heroic III].
    • Reduced the damage of all basepop (trash) spells in [Heroic I]. These were done already in the other zones but I missed [Heroic I]. Oops! These include Moonlit Strike, Dark Infection, Raging Claws, Thrasher, Hand of Ro, and Searing Hand
    • Removed the Eye of Night Ward from behind Granight's cycloooooooooooooopse adds. They still gain The Night's Eye from Granight, however.
    • Ahuttam in [Solo] and [Heroic I] no longer gains The Night's Eye while mounted.
    AvenElonis, Taled and Zhevally like this.
  8. Gematria Active Member

Just did a fight with the last named in the zone and she was basically chain casting the Stygian Suffering curse - at one point everyone but me (the tank) in the group had it. Don't think thats intentional? :D