Foundation of Knowledge [Heroic 1] Feedback

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Gematria, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Gematria Active Member

Hi.

We just finished this zone yesterday and got some feedback on a lot of the nameds that seems to be a bit overtuned/bugged for H1.

For reference, group setup:
    Inquisitor
    Monk
    Coercer/Troubador/Ranger (We swapped around as people had to leave etc. So coercer for first named, troub for 2nd and third name and ranger for 4th and 5th named)
    Assassin
    Conjuror
    Wizard

Thread Baron
    The ability "Rug Hug" was impossible to time. We waited until 10 stacks and then let him cast it to get his stacks down, but sometimes he would never cast it, other times he would cast it 3 times in a row while someone was already being smothered.
    Is it possible to have it on a timer or maybe make him cast it at each 5 increment or something similar, so you can actually time it and he is guaranteed to cast it at some point?
    Rug Hug was also spiking for more than 4B damage, which seems a bit excessive.

Edrigen the Empowered
    The named itself seemed fine, however the adds you spawn from clicking the pedestals that ultimately spawns him was very overtuned. The different Idol of XXXX (Idol of Water, Idol of Disease etc.)
    Often they would end up oneshotting the entire group with their different AE Dots, like Bubonian Bacterium was hitting for 17B, Ascent of the Arcane almost 4B etc.

The Statue
    Nothing to note really, felt fine, adds hp was fine, spawn frequency fine etc.

The Delving Departed
    We felt the Assistants spawned at a much too high rate, so the fight ended up taking a long time. Also, the Petrified Root the Bloodless Botanist assistants hurts a lot. Maybe it could be toned down a bit? Hit for over 5B sometimes.
    The buff the named gets when an assistant is up that gives a 50% chance to be feared when you hit him seems a bit overtuned. Maybe it should start at 10% chance to be feared, then 20, then 30, then 40 etc. Depending on how many assistants you leave up?

Sanum Ordast
    This guy was simple enough, but all of his abilities seemed to do a lot of damage or just generally disrupt the group, and there was not a lot of time to act or interrupt them either.
    His main "Unerring Bolt" was oneshotting me on almost every hit. It did an avg of 4.1B on our ~5 min fight. Max hit was 11B on my Monk.
    The psychic transference adds you get at XX Percentage was easy enough to deal with, their Unerring Bolt did not hit quite as hard, but when they all cast Traumatic Torrent at the same time and send the entire group flying it becomes rather difficult to deal with.
    Maybe the adds could be tuned down slightly so only one of them casts Traumatic Torrent, one casts Unerring Bolt, another Enfeebling Mind and the last one maybe just Unerring Bolt too? That way you can focus on the one casting Traumatic Torrent first to get rid of the KB, making the fight much more doable. Honestly, only reason we got it down was because we were lucky on a Verdict that killed him before he was able to spawn the adds on our third pull.
    Oh and yes, we negated all his stacks by standing at the pilars :)
    Taled likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Thread Baron casts 'Rug Hug' fairly consistently, but it is interrupted by nearly any potential CC effect - daze/stun/etc - and you won't even see it attempt to cast if he is tagged by one when it is supposed to cast. You need to pretend you are fighting Beefcake and not use ANYTHING that might cause a spell to be interrupted, and not just abilities that specifically state they will interrupt. It makes it a quite challenging mechanic for an H1.
  3. Gematria Active Member

It wasnt consistent for us. One pull he cast it once at 3 stacks, then did not cast it at all for the rest of the fight, where we evaced at 19 stacks.

Another he cast it 3 times in a row at 10+ stacks. So something is funky with him.

We stopped attacks completely when he was at 10 stacks, waiting for him to cast it.
  4. Zhevally Well-Known Member

It will appear inconsistent if you stun him or other such thing because then he can not cast, so will not cast it. If you do not hit him with any control effects it casts consistently. Though honestly this mob should just be immune to everything but interrupt for the h1 version.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Stun, stifle, daze, etc. If it was *only* interrupt it would be different, but nearly anything can prevent him casting it, and that's why you're not seeing it cast. If you've got pet classes the pets could be preventing it as well.
  6. Gematria Active Member

We did not use control effects, and definitely not any that lasted for 10 or more seconds.
    While we were waiting he was happily casting Tassled.

On the fight where we only got 1 Rug Hug at 3 stacks, I do not see any CC abilities in the logs between the first Rug Hug hitting and us evaccing that would lock down a mobs ability to cast.
  7. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Interesting, for us it is very very consistent unless something either control effects him or interrupts it. Note some classes proc control effects or have pets that do. Also your control effect doesn't have to last 10 seconds for him to not cast it for 10+ seconds, its a matter of when it hits relative to when he would cast. A control effect can go on just before he would cast, stop that cast and the next one easily. With limited control effects I've always seen him attempt to cast at least 4 times before hitting 20 stacks and murderalizing a group. The thing that kind of sucks on him though is if you skip any of the Rug hugs the damage on the trauma gets rough cause you have to leave it on longer and it ramps up over time.

Fight is definitely working and doable....just doesn't feel like an h1 mob lol. Hopefully it can be made immune to all the things to avoid that sort of nonsense for the h1 version.
  8. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Adding this here as well, while I've never personally seen it hit that high with only one takish cylinder locks pulled for spawning the third named, several groups have reported eating hits of over 2 billion from the piercing pins ability when killing these one at a time. This ability is AOE blockable, but hitting too hard for many groups.
  9. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Thread Baron
    Rug Hug was not being cast by name regularly. If you "interrupted" the first one, we died to 20 ticks because it would not be cast again. We had to zone out and come back it. Then it seemed to cast Rug Hug about every 7 ticks.

This name currently feels like a combo of Den 2 CM mobs strats - I question whether this is an H2 strat on the mob or not.

Edrigen the Empowered
    This name seemed fine - once you get the strat.

The Statue
    This name seemed fine - but maybe slow key statues (adds) a bit.

The Delving Departed
    Between the Fear and the adds - the adds are coming too fast.

Sanum Ordast
    This mob is casting the spell (bolt) too frequently and you need to interrupt it etc. if you don't have a swashy or brigand interrupting continuously via their offensive stance, there is no way to interrupt every cast. If you miss stopping the cast - people die.

By far this is the hardest h1 in the expac.
  10. Chrol Developer

For the next update...
    • Person who interrupts Thread Baron will be displayed to the group.
    • Fixed the bug that caused Rug Hug to recast all the time, or none of the times (after the first time).
    Fixed as of this post....
    • Delving Departed's adds respawn slower.
    • Delving Departed's fear trigger chance is set to 10% per increment (e.g. per add), as suggested.
    • Sanum Ordast's Unerring Bolt damage has been reduced.
    • Sanum Ordast's Traumatic Torment in [Heroic I] can be cured from anyone, not just fighters, and its range is set to 20 meters (with the same 6 meter radius), which should fix the issue with the rooted adds casting and blasting everyone all across the room.
    Because the fixes for Thread Baron required new files, we'll need to wait for a patch.
    AvenElonis, Taled and Zhevally like this.
  11. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Please adjust it for us pet classes. I renamed my pet and the pets name comes up in chat saying they interrupted. Are we really meant to pet back off for rug hug when there is no warning its coming and we have no control over when our pet interrupts? Not really fair for us conjys or necros to lose dps managing our pet back off and dispelling duties :(.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm 99% sure not all of the pet types use interrupts.
  13. Twisty Well-Known Member

necro scout pets do not
    Taled likes this.
  14. Miragian Well-Known Member

I think someone said that conj scout pet on the other hand does. I could easily be misremembering/wrong.
  15. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Yes my scout pet was interrupting along with another conj in group
  16. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

So conj scouts are bugged for this fight? Seems to me this fight needs rework as there were other class pets that were interrupting as well but group didnt last long enough to see what was what.
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

They aren't bugged. Use a different pet that doesn't have a stun/interrupt attached to its attacks, or hope that Chrol changes it so that your pet can't interrupt them, but it absolutely is not a bug that your pet interrupts count as interrupts.