Hows Varsoon doing?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Karaoke, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Karaoke Member

Thinking about playing. Hows the server? Population ahead or behind say Kaladim around the same time? What expansion do others believe this server will fade at? I have very little EQ2 experience, just wondering if its worth putting the time in. Does being able to trade everything take away from the server or make it easier to jump into and have fun?

Love everyones thoughts.

O, what 3-4 classes are the easiest to find a raid spot in if I devoted the time to play?
  2. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Hail and well met mate,

actually just posted in another thread regarding Kael: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?posts/6716634/

Personally I'd go for live and find a good guild to have some fun first and foremost, but sure, Varsoon and Kael are still an option ofc. Not sure about the raiding part tbh, don't do much of that nowadays, but I do miss it every now and then.

You say you have very little EQ2 experience, have you been playing EQ1 thus far by any chance? Just curious where you're coming from. Whatever the case, welcome!
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

That really depends on your idea of "fun". On the retail servers, you're either looking at mostly soloing for 120 levels, or using a level boost and getting firehosed with a ton of abilities you have no clue about.

A few guilds may be amenable to holding a new player's hand, but most are not. Most of what a new player is going to need to figure out is through reading the wiki and trial and error.

So yeah, if you enjoy soloquesting, the standard servers have all the bell and whistles, events, etc. If you actually want to group with other players, run dungeons and join raids, Varsoon is the far better option with a much lower barrier to entry.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

To answer the question about how Varsoon is doing, it's doing fine. It's the most populated, active server in the entire game, across all server types.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Kotter Legendary Member

it's just not the same without Kotter....
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

varsoon is about nostalgia, the best was done there, and these new developers know it well .
    Hence the existence of the tle, it is the server where you have to come, there s players there, mutual aid .
    You are free to try the live and its incomprehensible mechanisms, based on learned calculations , The live is only a pale ghost of the original game, a kind of most skilfully conducted cash draw .
    Don't fall into the trap ;)
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.