The EverQuest Show returns! And it's STUFFED with EQ2 content!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fading Illusion, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Fading Illusion Active Member

I've really strived to add a lot more EQ2 content this season on The EverQuest Show.
    And this is probably the EQ2-iest EQ Show episode to date!

Do you think the Top 5 was reasonable?

Please please please feel free to comment and give feedback! I want to know what YOU guys want to see!
    Interview ideas, stories, or what you want me to get the dirt on!

Thank you all for the support!
    Fading

Sadoc, Kaitheel, Jinksie and 5 others like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Hi there! Ouka from Maj'Dul here. I'm really happy to see the footage that you recorded of our ventures into Veeshan's Peak and elsewhere across Norrath! I'm glad I could help you.
  3. Fading Illusion Active Member

Hi there Ouka! I gave you a thanks in the credits, but used your forum name instead!
    /HUGS and thank you!
    Fading
    Cusashorn and Sturmlocke like this.
  4. Gninja Developer

Awesome, as always! :)
    Jaden, Breanna and Sturmlocke like this.
  5. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Woah, first of all: WELCOME BACK INTO ACTION.

Just realised I totally forgot to update my last post and add my top ten expacs... a day doesn't have enough hours. That said, beautiful video!

Placeholder for things I'd like to see in future videos:

1. More focus on music, as discussed in a previous post here on the forums
    2. Water dungeons, beautiful water rendering, way ahead of it's time 2004
    3. tbc, wip

Your YT channel is highly underrated mate, high quality content with a magical feeling to it. Hope you gain more subs as time goes on and I also hope all of us EQ YT content creators can come together more frequently to successfully spread the word about how awesome these two games were and still are. Joining forces is the way to go, so well done. The EQ franchise deserves much more IMHO and I still see lots of untapped potential slumbering and dormant in both titles (I also wouldn't mind a revived Vanguard SoH though).

Cheers
  6. Fading Illusion Active Member

Thank you all for the kind words and the support!

I'm really trying to get the channel as many eyeballs as possible, because my goal is to keep the worlds of EQ top of mind.

I saw this comment on the Youtube video and I thought it summed up exactly the goal of the videos:

"I'll be honest. I've never had any intention of playing EQ2, but this episode highlighted some amazning aspects that i didnt know about EQ2 and now i am going to give it a shot!"

So thank you everyone! Let's keep our games thriving!
    Fading
    Breanna, Jaden and Sturmlocke like this.
  7. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Loved the episode and especially appreciate the EQ2 content.

Fading, we already discussed this on the YT comments section, but I’ll just reiterate it here. I think the old expansions are awesome for sure. However, I think sometimes we get such a sense of nostalgia we tend to overrate them. I also love the newer content. Personally I think VoV was an amazing modern expansion. Top 5 for sure! There wasn’t any new “systems” but from a design and content standpoint I think it was very well made. And beautifully illustrated!
  8. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Now that's a beautiful comment you got there @Fading. That's precisely what I like to see, both new and returning players giving it a go again. Seems like we're seeing a lot of that happening the last few days. Good, very good.

Btw, I also agree with both you and Sweety on the part that both old and new expacs are pretty good in so many ways. VoV was and still is absolutely beautiful when it comes to the zone itself, really feels like Jurassic Park to me. Same goes for what I have seen from the new Ro expac too ofc. That said, old expacs like Echoes of Faydwer are still a force to be reckoned with, there is no denying that. The amount of content, zones, music, quests, and just overall STUFF that was added with that expac is out of this world. Love spending time in Faydark, and just like you, the music and overall atmosphere of that region is a joy to (re)experience. And then we also have a good amount of Game Updates post expacs, which also tend to add lots of interesting things along the way to the next LTS expac release. This is why I wanted to take my time before posting my top ten list of expacs the other day, so many interesting things, hard to decide which one I like more.

For example, I absolutely love the Vasty Deep dungeons, like The Conservatory and underwater Labs, and I have already spent many, many hours relaxing in Awuidor too! On the other hand, I also enjoy EoF, DoF and VoV for their zones alone, not even counting in all of the other features bundled with these addons. Now that I think of it, I honestly feel like water dungeons don't get enough credit nowadays, which is a shame, because I believe we have some of the most beautiful water dungeons and underwater zones around (the latter really needs more plantlife, particles and more though). What we need now is a real underwater zone and maybe a few bigger water dungeons to accompany said zone (see my sig for Jaws, Coral Reef and more). Hm, gonna add that to my feedback list above. This is another topic where I would like to see some discussion in future EQ2 videos: WATER.

Breanna likes this.
  9. Kenn Well-Known Member

The best expansion is easy, Kunark, followed by Faydwer.