Epic Spell questline

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taled, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Ejiju Member

Might be some randomness still. On IoR, last cycle has been every 6h, mage at noon PST, priest at 6pm PST, (I was sleeping at midnight PST) and now scout at 6am PST.

EDIT: Mage merchant also up at 6am PST
  2. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I thought this might be it, but I can confirm checking on maj that they do not just spawn one of them every 2 hours(unless they can spawn in an instance that is not currently available several rounds in a row). Also the times they have been spotted on my server sadly do not match that theory.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

It does seem like something has to be done for them to spawn in their window, just not sure what. We have not seen 2 up at a time, so I'm unsure if whatever triggers them to spawn is the same and just triggers one at a time, or different for each one but still only 1 spawns if we do allll the triggers.
  4. Smashey Well-Known Member

5. Suidakra Active Member

Confirmed Channeler Expert - Kigathor's Glade Heroic I
    Taled likes this.
  6. Fidd New Member

EXPERT EPIC SPELL

Confirmed Brigand: [Sultan's Dagger - H1]
    Taled likes this.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

Both the priest and scout researchers have been up simultaneously according to people, so..
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

I'm still fairly certain that they are triggered by something and not static timers.
  9. Ejiju Member

Possible, our most recent pop was 4h after the last, so not a static 6h timer. I'm starting to think it might be something as simple as a random chance every 2 hours.
  10. Mezaka Active Member

Just want to add that randomness on turning fertilizers in is frustrating, to say the least.

46 turn ins and nothing but shinies. At this rate, I'll finish the shiny collections and only need the weeklies for the rares.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

I can now confirm that multiple researchers can be up concurrently, so the 'alternating researchers' theory is bunk.
    Xianthia and Zhevally like this.
  12. Leasha Member

Shadowknight Expert - from Buried Takish'Hiz: Terene Threshold [Heroic I]
    Taled likes this.
  13. Sanshiro New Member

SK Expert drops in Terrene Threshold [Heroic I]. Dropped it 5 min ago.
    Taled likes this.
  14. Disastrous New Member

ADEPT
    Conjuror - Confirmed Adept - [ALSO: Eye of Night]
  15. Hanab Member

Its also quite frustrating when youre trying to get the adept update on your Epic and you run every 1.5 hour Sacred Gift no update and then a guildie goes into Eye of Storm and gets the enchanter update first time... Obviously im doing both zones now but no update....
    Amybelle and Taled like this.
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

It took me thirty-eight runs of Grave Grange to get mine to drop.
  17. Hanab Member

Yeah exactly my points. Ive been running Sacred Gift around that number aswell without success..
  18. Skixxxx Member

did you ever think about them being related to the tradeskill researchers somehow? i mean they are researchers too - like certain progress within the last 2 hours, or quests done by a specific archeype etc
    just a thought ...
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

I did, but then the question becomes - how does it decide between the scout and priest in Badlands?

It is a logical choice, though, I agree. The problem is, how likely are they to CONTINUE spawning, in that case?
  20. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Maybe it checks archtype that turned in the research quest....this would be dumb, but possible
    My main problem with this though is researchers seem to have a 2 hour timer for when they can spawn(only spawns I've seen/heard about on maj'dul have been odd hours eastern time), while the research quests reset every 3 hours, so they aren't even timers.