Fixed Internally Run speed goes from 181% to 10% when I am in instances

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dailyn, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Dailyn New Member

My run speed goes from 181% to 10% in instances whether I am in combat or not.
    Please help
    Qmeri
    Ruthless Endeavor
    Maj Dul Server
  2. Aethos Well-Known Member

This is because in instances, it is common for mount speed to not apply. I don't think this is a bug, though it's debatable whether or not it's a good design decision (I lean toward it being a good design decision).
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

They have mount speed enabled for some instances that are sharing the same zone map as overland zones and disabled for other overland maps in a way that makes no sense. If youre are inside structures, that makes some sense. Disabling mount speed for an instance based on the Badlands (for example) is just annoying.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

try a totem of the deadly sabertooth

but ideally all zone instances should allow mount speed buffs
  5. Miragian Well-Known Member

This is more of a /feedback cause again we're on the "This doesn't make any sense." does not equal "This is a bug." Unless they intended for mount speed to work in instances it doesn't. Not that we would know that.
    Taled likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Mount speed doesn't work in instances. You get the groundspeed.

If you AOE something with a blue AOE and don't have anything targeted, you can be partially stuck in combat insofar as runspeed goes. It recovers itself in a little bit, or you can recast your mount.

Beyond that, Totem of the Chokidai is the way to go in instances.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. LadMir New Member

This is a bug. Some instances are normal like they were in VoV and some for me I seem to be walking at a snares pace. When I enter combat I walk normal (faster at least). Other people have not had this issue. Trust me you would notice this bug. It takes me forever just to walk some solo instances because of this bug. Other solo's for whatever reason it;s not effecting me. This never happened in the solo's in VoV. So unless this is happening to you trust me this a "This is because in instances, it is common for mount speed to not apply. I don't think this is a bug, though it's debatable whether or not it's a good design decision (I lean toward it being a good design decision)." problem.
  8. Chrol Developer

Twas the night before bug fixing
    when all through this post
    Not a zone name was listed
    not even almost
    Breanna, Sigrdrifa, Tkia and 5 others like this.
  9. Dailyn New Member

I am sorry I wasn't more specific of the zones here are the zones that this has happened to me so far:
    Raj'Dur Plateaus: The Sultan's Dagger (Solo)
    Buried Takish'Hiz: Terrene Threshold (Solo)
    Buried Takish'Hiz: The Sacred Gift (Solo)
    Takish Badlands: Overgrowth (Solo)
    Takish Badlands: Kigathor's Glade (Solo)

This is all the solo zones I have done so far. If you'd like I can update you as I go along

Qmeri
    Ruthless Endeavor
    Maj'Dul Server
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Chrol Developer

Set the following 4 zones to allow mounts, which will go out with the next update:

Takish Badlands: Overgrowth [Solo]
    Takish Badlands: Kigathor's Glade [Solo]
    Raj'Dur Plateaus: The Sultan's Dagger [Solo]
    Raj'Dur Plateaus: The Sultan's Dagger [Heroic I]

Buried Takish'Hiz: The Sacred Gift [All Versions] already allows mounts
    Buried Takish'Hiz: Terrene Threshold [All Versions] only removes mount speed in the pit (puzzle square room).

Otherwise, there might be some debuffs from bosses that reduce all forms of mount/run speed during combat, but those are obviously temporary.
    Breanna, Aethos, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

So he DeChrol'd the zones.
    Breanna, Aethos, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  12. Dailyn New Member

Thank you Chrol !!! :)
  13. Aethos Well-Known Member

I love you guys, lol - and thanks!