Baka in Blood and Sand [Solo]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sadoc, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Nausea New Member

I think you need to just find someone to carry you through it, or wait another week for another patch and hoping that doesn't leave the issue still unaddressed.
  2. Chrol Developer

Can you please PM me your character's name and server?
  3. Adeyia New Member

Having similar troubles with my chain wearing Ranger, and it's all very odd for what should be a straightforward dungeon fight in an early part of the quest line.

Previously to today I was taking 5 minutes to kill each set of trash mobs (had no trouble surviving the trash, it was just a lack of potency due to not having purchased claimable buff items for this ex-pac). However, after the free items issued in the patch I am now able to defeat trash mobs in the expected manner i.e. same overall success/fail experience as in previous ex-pacs.

However, when trying to kill 1st named today it's back to earth with a bump. I can DPS him OK, and get him down to first couple of add spawns and I'm able to survive an initial big hit or two but eventually just got one-shotted. There's no emote or other indicator that I need to do anything, just a death-touch out of the blue. As far as gameplay goes, it's completely at odds with the way every other instance named boss works and this can't be intentional surely?

If I'm doing something wrong, give me an indication in game. I doubt the thing I'm doing wrong is not having good enough gear, because the reward for doing this part of the quest isn't any better than the items I already have equipped.
  4. Cinnerly New Member

my wizzy is broken ater todays downtime. One shotted in badlands instance, been buggy all week had to respawn mount and familiar when zoning, now unplayable got 410 jewelry, lvl 10 familiar and lvl 6 merc.

this is turning into a lobby game, one shot overworld mobs cant progress in SOLO isntances without someone to DRAG YOU THROUGH!! totall rubbish.
  5. Chrol Developer

It's fixed now. Was an issue with the protection from Grace of Norrath. If you're already in a solo zone then cancel Grace of Norrath and reapply it with /westernsalute
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Aethlred New Member

Whatever you did greatly improved things. A long, tough fight with a couple of rezzes by my merc, but I got Baka down. Thank you!
    Berserkerkitten likes this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

These fights should not require death saves, the sheer luck of Ready Up to trigger to reactivate those death saves, a healer that may not last long enough to rez you if you die, and bosses who can damage you for more than 50% of your health at any given time. If the mobs are going to take 10 minutes for a tank to kill, then at least make it easy for us to survive in the first place.
    Twyla and Cinnerly like this.
  8. girney Active Member

the patch helped a bit but fushuga and hargan which i had killed earlier are now unkillable. one shotted right away and again upon being rezzed. i did recast grace of norrath with no luck. what has changed? cant go further in sig with this stopper
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I just got COMPLETELY STOMPED by Ahuttam the Sword's Breeze in the Eye of the Night Sky solo. I was dead in 5 seconds, before I could even tell what even killed me.

I am completely up to date on all gear that can be obtained in the signature line so far, and I stood no chance of actually surviving whatever it was that just assaulted me.

WHAT THE!? Are you kidding me? The Batwing Crunch ability can completely shut down your mercenary as well just because they didn't follow out of the range of the ability?
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Chrol Developer

Please review the changes here.
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Chrol Developer

The feign death portion of Batwing Crunch shouldn't hit mercs. It's fixed now.
    Twyla likes this.
  12. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

There seems to be quite a few pieces from VoV that are why higher Mit then RoR. Here's and example of a helm I found.

[IMG]
    Krafoogoo likes this.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I made it through, and I am the worst EQ2 player so you can do it!
    Breanna and Krafoogoo like this.
  14. Zylara Well-Known Member

lol Templar in our guild who can find a crack anywhere or lava actually made it thru no help...was very surprised
    ttobey likes this.
  15. Krafoogoo New Member

While the Blood and Sand (and first half of Sultan) have been adjusteed to be playable (NEC), the mitigation difference is stark and would like to know if this is intended or requiring a fix - all my mercs are keeping their VoV armor for now.
  16. Sadoc Member

Hello!

Was able to complete the zone this evening! Thank you for working on the zone and fixing the bugs :)
    Twyla likes this.