COMPUTER DOWN

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Quiarrah, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I turned on my computer this morning and it never came on. I have 7 blown compactors on the motherboard.
    I am down until further notice. Hubby is gong to put my hard drives into another machine we have and we hope that will work. If it does I should be back on by Monday at the latest
    If not . . . I will let you all know here and we can then decide what to do about my SSHS22 HOUSE. And hubby will be getting me a Mac at that point. But until then . . . TBA
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Good Luck !
  3. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Gl and remember if y'all go for a Mac you can still play eq2 just fine on that by using Crossover Mac. I still have a few discount codes if you need any (30% discount off Crossover for Mac)

Cheers
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

So what is Crossover? Is it a program or something?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Yep, it is. With Crossover you can install Windows apps and games on Mac os like you would on Windows. Check my signature below for a link to a Linux and Mac guide on this forum.

Alternatively you can go also here: https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover

The eq2 installer on Crossover got updated the other day after I kindly requested it, so it should be easier to use on Mac now.

Installation is fairly simple: Download and install Crossover for Mac, use Crossover search function to search for the eq2 game in their list of compatible games, click install and follow the automatic and fully guided installation routine to play.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

IT WORKED! I'M BACK
    I will probably eventually get a Mac. . . but for now I am back up and runing. Hubby put my drives in an older tower we had so I am all set!
    See you on the other side!
    SO SAY WE ALL!!
    Agent Q
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! :D

Had me worried there for a moment, sistah! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.