Swag Store Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pink Poodle, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

I noticed a while back there was a Swag Store (merchandise store) planned but it's delayed right now. I have some ideas that I think are pretty good. Please tell me what you think.

Merch ideas:

Enamel Pins
    Enamel pins are really popular, and these days even small artists are able to have a batch produced to sell. heck, Disney fans have an entire community over these! Yeah there can be pins of the logos but it'd be boring if just logos! Maybe portraits of the NPCs like Firiona, Antonia, Lucan, deities, etc. (Solusek Ro pin when?)

Buttons/Pinbacks
    You know, the usually circular buttons with pins on the back. Some of these were sold at the conventions in the past. I have a giant EQ2 logo one. Unfortunately these can rust over time. Very cheap to produce though.

Posters
    Posters of the key artwork, concept art, etc. Some of the previous boxed expansions had posters if I can recall.

Shirts
    Has been done in the past of course. Again more than just logos! Some designs, emblems from the games could work, even with minimal colors because obviously more colors on shirts are more expensive to produce.

Other things:

What about scalpers?
    The vinyl records of the EQ1 soundtracks were bought really quickly and then many resold for much higher prices on eBay and similar sites. A way to prevent future scalping could be make-to-order within limited time windows. AmiAmi does this with the Touhou Project Fumofumo plush dolls nowadays because people would use bots to buy up the dolls and resell for $150+ USD on different sites. Now you have a month to purchase the doll of a character you want and they will make the amount bought so more fans can get what they would like.

Fan artist collabs?
    Some games such as Among Us and Untitled Goose Game have official fan artist sellers though I know those are indie games and Darkpaw isn't. But I think connecting with fans this way would be great, but it may be tough with legal stuff.
    Sturmlocke and Chath like this.
  2. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Completely agree! I have started recollecting items like these that I had to sell off when I was younger, nice having something to wear or hang on the wall. For example, I totally missed the EQ1 vinyl records, would love to get another chance to purchase them for both EQ1 and 2.

[IMG]

In addition, I would also love to see a new Collectors Edition, see further below here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/should-i-play.600708/

A CE like that with updated content, all data and files, every single expac, lots of goodies like in the old days and a digital version of said content on a single golden USB stick with the EQ branding on it = insta buy. In addition, throw in all of the SOE live event videos, all of the Youtube live stream and dev videos, a few making of and behind the scene videos (both old and new) and more. Throw in a copy of all the videos from the Everquest Show on Youtube too.

In addition to the posters, I would love to see real paintings of some of our most beautiful zones, like Greater Faydark, Sinking Sands, VoV and more. Imagine a beautifully crafted State of Unrest or Castle Mistmoore painting with a beautiful black and golden frame. I actually purchased a beautiful EQ1 painting with a golden frame a few months ago, can't find a pic of it online rn, will post one later though.

Then I'd also love to see more PC merch with EQ1 and 2 branding, such as:

[IMG]

I actually own that keyboard, but a new one with led backlight that you can change, 5Ghz wireless functionality and a visual upgrade would be super nice. Wouldn't mind having a small touchscreen on there that displays game info or that can be used as an extension to our hotbars or anything to that effect (Dreamcast VMU, Macbook touch keys and buttons). A 5Ghz wireless mouse in the same style would be nice too! Imagine visiting Greater Faydark and the keyboard backlight turns green and purple. Go to Cobalt Scar and it goes blue, grey and green etc.

You could also do other interesting things like scented candles that have a unique smell to them. Imagine a beautifully crafted green scented candle that smells like the woods in Greater Faydark. Would totally light that up when playing that zone.

Now that I think of it, a few smartphone cases with EQ branding would be nice too. Most of us own a smartphone nowadays, being able to display that I'm a happy EQ fan would be nice. If you're gonna do T-Shirts, then do some hoodies, pullovers and comfy pijamas too pls.

Stickers that I can put onto my PC or car would be cool too.

LED lit items as well, like a beautiful looking usb and battery powered lamp that I can put onto my table when playing the game.

WIP, gonna brainstorm this more later.
  3. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

PC games are almost always digital these days and collector's editions would be way too much to produce, and gaming keyboard market is pretty much dominated anyway. As neat as they are, unfortunately.

Posters would be good and easy to produce, print on-demand. Popsockets are also often print on-demand as well. I have one on my phone.
  4. Athenia Well-Known Member

Honestly? Pin and button designs are my jam. I don't know who I'd need to reach out to, but if Daybreak wants an artist for this kind of thing I would absolutely be available for hire.
    Pink Poodle likes this.