is this thing still on?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mrrshan, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Mrrshan Member

Hello brothers and sisters!

I am amazed to see EQ2 still alive. How is it going ? :)
    Sturmlocke and Jaden like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Pretty good. EQ2 is 18 years old now, I think. And a lot of us have been playing the whole time, while others played, left, then came back, and we get new people now and again too.

Here on the forums you will get two answers: the game sucks and should die, and the game is wonderful (sometimes also but could use some fixes). Don't accept either answer. You can try it out as a free to play character and see what YOU think.
    Avirodar and Sturmlocke like this.
  3. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Hail and well met or welcome back!

Yeah, it's incredible that we're still seeing so much content after nearly two decades of online service. Lots of other games have shifted into maintenance mode by now, completely halting further development, not so with this one though. I'm pretty much in the camp that Sig mentioned; great game but it could use some fixes / enhancements / upgrades here and there. Also agree on the part to nvm what others think, art lies in the eye of the beholder after all, what you think about the game is all that matters.

Hope you enjoy your comeback, let us know how it goes.

Cheers
    Breanna likes this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Still on!
    Breanna and Sturmlocke like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you missed out on the starship we build and took to Alpha Centauri A-B system. Condos all over the place, and they wouldn't let us land. So we came back and took the ship apart and used it for mats in the game.

At least ttobey didn't want us to, but we did it anyway.
    Breanna, Juraiya and ttobey like this.