Extra Life bonuses a fraud!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Qilen, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Qilen New Member

[IMG]

Fast traslate
    Icon translate

What really bothers me is you tell us you are giving us a 35% rare chance increase but what you don't tell us that is only the first day! the rare chance drops every day after that for the week. Stop lying to us...
    Dockter likes this.
  2. Dockter Well-Known Member

I suspect something completely different. I think they put this in and didn't test it. Here's why I think this.

On the first day, I ran every solo; the drops were absurd. I was seeing between 18 and 21 items per final boss. I was averaging 2-3 masters or grand masters per instance.

On day two the same thing was still happening, I ran each instance probably 3 times that day, found tons of rare crafting recipes I didn't have, a set of both sets of red runes (bloodhound) etc. I got lots of VoV familiars which I was happy with but none of the rare ones.

Day 3 and beyond the numbers we obviously tweaked. The amount of loot dropped to around 12 per final boss, lot less master/grandmaster drops but were still happening, I was seeing on average 0.5 per instance, with rare exceptions.

Yesterday I ran each instance twice; seen 3 masters total.

I don't think they dropped the % chance every day, I think they implemented this bonus and never tested it, and then realized it 2 or 3 days in.
    Laaw likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Yep, Hanlon's Razer is a solid bet every time.
  4. Tedra New Member

They def tweaked loots. While I wasn't seeing 2-3 Masters an instance I was getting at least 1 every other instance. It was actually nice to get some of the legendary/fabled familiars and mercs for a change. In regards to them not "testing" I don't buy it. 35% percent increase is 35% increase. Nothing complicated about that - to tweak it and go from getting some masters to zero for almost 2 days is BS.

Also the times needs to be corrected. The post said the bonuses would last till 10am pst today (noon my time) and yet we have an up to 2 hour server shut down.
  5. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I ran all the solos on 2 toons 4 time each - the drop rate and quality didn't seem to change to me. I got mostly Masters and some GMs (20-25 total) and very few red adornments. Others got lost of red adornments and not so many Masters/GMs :)
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

This part boggles my mind. It happens a LOT with these types of things. Everyone knows the schedule for down times, so why have a bonus event that gets cut short from a known, scheduled down time?
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Evangel Member

While I don't spend a lot of time in VoV zones, i definitely noticed a huge increase in drops at lower levels. Even in places like Blackburrow i was getting 3-4 Exquisite chests per room, and rare quest-starters were dropping within a single clear of the area. Sadly it was only the last 3 days of the event that i realized the bonuses might not just be for end-game folks, so i can't compare the rate to that of the first days of the event.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

the drops have been massive and continuous but as with all rng you might miss on a roll even with increased chance
    Buggabug and Xianthia like this.
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Yea, agreeing with Bludd. Great drop rate up until the crash last night. Have only seen trash loot and blue runes since. Bummer they didn't follow through the entire time promised but did have some fun while it was working. Havn't seen anything but blue runes and trash in the last 6 hours of play leading up to patch and then only a 330 item in an exquisite that was dropping red adorns and masters prior.

HOWEVER, It was a fun event and I got tons of loot up to that point. If you were merely running solos then you cheated yourself. H2, Challenge and Raids were awesome! Even the trash in raid zones were dropping crazy great loot.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

just got a master and a good red in the same zone so its still good for another 1h30m
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

I swear people just refuse to understand what the 'random' in RNG means.
  12. Occam Well-Known Member

What Taled said. Drop rates stayed consistent for me the entire time. OP just had bad RNG luck.
    Scrappyz and Buggabug like this.