This is how No Trade Collections should be.

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Cusashorn, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I have some 200 or so collections from Fabled Kael Drakkel, Fabled Runnyeye, Fabled Guk, Shard of Hate, Planes of Prophecy, Chaos Descending, Blood of Luclin, Reign of Shadows, and even some from Terror of Thalumbra that I will likely never be able to complete because they all require finding a randomly generated no trade collectable to finish it out.

The best way I'll ever be able to complete these is for the level cap to reach close to 200, so that I can run the current content without any major difficulties like how old content currently is.

Enter the Toil & Trouble missions: Now the no trades are a reward that the player can choose from by completing those dailies. This is how is SHOULD be from here on out, because it gives players a fair chance to actually get them.

I think there should probably be 6 times as many shinies in heroic zones anyway to compensate for 6 players all trying to get them at once, and I also think the no trade tag should just be removed on all collections other than meta collections. Collectables earned from completing collections, which themselves go to a bigger collection. Can't tell you how many times I've been dupped on the broker by buying a rare collectable that I myself would eventually get later from a turn-in. Those SHOULD be no trade to force the player to collect them.
  2. girney Active Member

are the no trade shinies only available from the weekly mission? i have not seen them during the daily
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

At this moment, on just ONE toon I am missing over 100 shinies because they are NO-TRADE and come from heroic instances I can't solo yet. I want them to introduce another fertilizer mechanism to allow us to have a chance to get the NO-TRADEs from CD and earlier that aren't already available via the fathomlurker shiny seeker.
  4. girney Active Member

a no trade should drop at the end of any instance,period like in the planes. it is also frustrating for a solo player to not be able to get non shinies from heroic zones that require 2 or more live players
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

FREE SHINIES :)
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

The NoTrade in Toil & Trouble are really a nice implemtation
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

There are weekly solo and heroic versions.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tedra like this.
  8. girney Active Member

i cant do the heroic. so, the no trade shinies only drop in the solo and heroic weekly missions and not the daily of either?
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

There's both a solo and a heroic set of no trades from those weeklies. If you can't do the heroic, then you're missing out on a set of no trade shinies that can't be obtained from the solo.
  10. Tumma New Member

I am very happy with the new system of getting a choice no trade in an heirloom bag. The way collections where going on is just not funny anymore. How many more Runnyeye runs must I do with a friend who can help (still cant solo that) before I get the last 2 seemingly ultra rare no trades? I don't mind making an effort but come on.

If you enter collections in an expac or GU, give people a reasonable chance to complete it, ideally during that expac. What is the fun of a collection you cant complete anyway...or 5 years later and then get an item that is totally outdated by then.

And since we have a materials packhorse and spell researchers, what about a shiny detective who can "research" a specific shiny you have been after for so long. Not like the random shiny generator badgers but a specific one, like you research spells etc. It could even be limited to older expac collections. A shiny research archeologist that gives you the last pieces of those very hard to come by collections. Just a thought.
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I've been suggesting that very thing for a while now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mezaka and Twyla like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, therefore, they're once again forcing us to group, even if it's not playing the game "[our] way! :D". Charming. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And wasn't it you, Cusa, who'd said something way back when about a certain Fedora hat head appearance item...? :D

I mean, we already have whip weapons... :D

But seriously, yeah, I completely agree with this; that would be awesome of them to implement. /nod

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.