"Secrets of the Sands" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! There we go; at the end of a looooooong bit of blithering monologue, there's a suggestion that you might want to possibly meet up with them at the Oasis of Marr, maybe. Got it. ;->

Working this with a different Carpy now, and Schmett's suggestion of Mentoring down about 10 levels is still working like a charm. :) I think one of the problems I was having at level 110 was another one of those "Oh, you're only level 110? Well, this particular mob is LEVEL 110!!!!! and YOU ARE HOSED! :D" sort of situations.:-/

I don't feel any urge to get this on all my toons, but I'll try it with a lower-level Carpy as well. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also: does anyone have a screenshot of what the Sunshard Quartz node is supposed to look like? So far, all I'm getting is nothing but dry sand (and it's not trackable... :-/).

EDIT: Ah, they're visible once a quest is gotten. Good to know. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. draidean Well-Known Member

Press alt + z, select the persistent instances tab at the bottom of the window, and reset all or select just the dungeon you want to reset and click the reset button.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Praise be! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    heading off to do that very thing... :)

EDIT: Worked like a charm! Thanks so much! Never did that before; now I know. :) --U.
    Breanna and draidean like this.
  5. draidean Well-Known Member

You're welcome =) Glad it worked!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ooh :confused: we did not get to test the new Panda quests o_O:(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The last I'd heard, the new expac was "available," but only for pre-order/paid Beta testing. But did that kill the prelude event? :-/

Uwk
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

No, the prelude is active still.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Prelude events are typically active until the day the new expansion goes live.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Denmum Developer

The prelude event lasts until the expansion launches, and that date has not yet been announced. The items on the vendor will be available on a vendor in the new expansion, using the faction that you can earn via the prelude and/or the expansion questlines.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks, all! :)

My main Carpy on Test wasn't having any luck with the initial Aerakyn contact in Freeport, and iirc, she doesn't have the high faction that would indicate she'd already done it all (or the items. Test Poverty be hanged, I'm willing to shell out the full 21p 20g for all the house items and the wings set ;->).

Or I could've missed the clues...late at night/early in the morning. I'll look again. ;->

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, no faction with the Desert of Ro nomads, either positive or negative. Still have the original mail from Silrena asking me to meet up with her in Freeport. :-/

It's weird; in Freeport, I get to the point in Silrena's speech where she goes on about, "[...] it was Atathus who we saw and who spoke." And my response is, "So, it was only a vision? He wasn't really here?" and that's it, that's where the dialogue ends. Confused, I went to the Sinking Sands to look for the next folks in the quest, and they're there, but not speaking to me, and the merchant isn't selling, so I haven't done the questline yet, but I'm not sure where to go from there. I'll check to see if the entrance to the instance is visible.

Went to the coordinates for the instance entrance as listed in the write-up; nothing there but a li'l Eroded Ore node and a big Eroded Ore boulder node, rather than the entrance. To be expected. At least I got a piece of Cobalt, thanks to having my 3-headed buddy with me. :)

Is there a timer for these things that I didn't continue in a timely fashion? :-/ What did I do wrong? :(

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

There is definitely more to that conversation. There is no reason why it should stop there, before the quest is offered. There is no predicate or mechanical check or script in this conversation, either. I am very confused as to why you would experience a drop at that point. I cannot reproduce it. I haven't seen any other complaints of this, either.

~ Kaitheel
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's bizarre! I'd try it with my other Carpies (they're the ones who're doing this prelude event) on Test, but they're all Good aligned.

I did it with my Evil aligned Carpy on Thurgadin, and she passed it all with flying colors. I don't get it, either. :-/

I'll try it with my Evil gal on Halls of Fate and see what happens there.

Uwk
    who wonders about any part of those quests to be deleted and start over on with my Evil Test Carpy; maybe that would do it, if that's the case :confused:
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Okay, I tried the quest again with an Evil Carpy character on Halls of Fate; worked just fine. :)

Gonna try again with my gal on Test...

EDIT: Still not working on Test with my Evil there, and I finally noticed there isn't a quest feather over Silrena's head. :(

EDIT: Tried de-automentoring; got her back up to 110 from 100, didn't help. :(

EDIT: Tried /camping to herself after de-automentoring; didn't help. :(

EDIT: Tried logging out to desktop; didn't help. :(

Uwk
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Uwk flagged me down on test so I checked. Only my 2 main Qeynos chars did the quest (on Test) so I logged onto Wilhelmina and tracked down the NPC in FP.
    Silrena doesn't have a feather and dialog ended when I said "So it was only a vision? He wasn't really here?". Clicked the bubble and nothing.

I switched to Elerrina and tried Faezoth in Qeynos again and quest breaks down at the same spot as in FP. And it's 3:35 AM so I won't check more!

Anyway, quest can't be taken on Test currently, either in Qeynos or FP. I did it once per account on Test in Qeynos and that's all. Haven't logged on live in a year and didn't check if we had a patch yesterday on test. And I'm too tired to think and even type so I'll let you sort it out.

Chars are 125 Teir'Dal necro (FP, Wilhelmina) & 120 Kerra Illu (Q, Elerrina). Feel free to highjack them/log on that Test account if you need to check.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Whil! :D

My bad for not checking with my Good toons earlier on Test, but it seems to be a recent bug? :-/

EDIT: Doesn't work for my Good toons, either... :-/

EDIT: Tried on Spiritmaker (FP, 110 level female Sarnak Assassin) and Xanadew (Q, 100 level male Fae Wizard), both Carpenters, both level 110 there. Like Whil said, if you need to play them, o devs, go for it. This is weird. :-/

EDIT: Tried on Veliferidae (Q, 49 level female Aerakyn Swashbuckler/110 Carpenter), wondering if it had something to do with adventuring level. Nope; apparently not. :-/

Uwk
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I have no idea what wrench got thrown in the system. I can't find any trace of data that was changed. But I was able to confirm that Faezoth's and Silrena's conversations were stopping short on Test server. I re-pushed their dialogue files and now it works. I didn't make any changes to them, which confuses me even more.

The good news is that it is working, once again, on Test. You can get Secrets of the Sands now.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was indeed able to get the quest with Elerrina today. Feather is still not over the head of the NPC but dialog is fine now.
    Sorry for the bother, I'll recheck in the future to see if it doesn't break down again!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Xillean like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOOT! Thanks, Kaitheel! :D

Uwk
    still puzzled, too... :confused: