Alright solo peeps, quick question

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Celestia, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I dunno what server you're on, but if you're on HoF, i'd run with ya.
  2. Celestia Well-Known Member

I appreciate the offer, but I’m on Maj’Dul
    Mercychalice likes this.
  3. Spritza New Member

Nope, not upset. Just trying to figure out what the draw would be for people to do more than solo if that was the end all, be all of accomplishment. I have all of those things except the college, but I'll raise you a PT job, managing rental properties, and drill for the national guard to compensate.

I'm not being elitist about it either. I sacrifice a real world social life for the relationships I have here and I'm happy with that. I also dont spend "all day" chasing coins. I find a group of like minded individuals, we set a time, log un, kill some stuff, log out. Its just another few hours of my week I account for when managing my time.
  4. Celestia Well-Known Member

Glad you are not upset. I have a job, college, no social life though. My personal problem is probably that I have a hard time managing my illness. I have schizophrenia so it’s harder to play games sometimes when I’m stressed out and the like. I suppose it’s easier when one has a set schedule for friends on here the way you said.

The grind does suck, I just thought it shouldn’t be so sucky as it is, especially when you miss things. I’m sorry if I was snippy too, I just felt a little bit weird about your response. I am in and out all day it seems with doctors appointments too so even when I get down time it’s limited.
  5. Maviarab Active Member

Also on Maj...happy to run something with you on Sundays providing times align as I'm in the UK.
    tasnee likes this.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

Yay! Thank you so much! I will try to get with you sometime in game, this week is pretty crazy because I have a lot going on but my Channeler is named Celestia
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Maviarab like this.
  7. Aggy Active Member

On Maj'Dul also! I have a couple toons who have trouble solo'ing the solo's, so I am always down to run them with another too :)
    tasnee likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh-ho ho! A Channeler...hoo. If you figure out how to solo those things at any level below 85, please let me know; that could be one of the reasons you were having trouble right there. I have TWO, count them, two (my least populated class amongst the Hordelings); one of each gender, and surprisingly, both Aerakyn. I may be/probably am playing them entirely wrong (like, trying to solo them before 85), but I've never found a more useless pet-based class, imho. X-P

Uwk
    open to suggestions... :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Celestia Well-Known Member

Mine is a little female fae :) I actually find her to be an amazing soloist for the most part. She’s so fun to play and I love that she’s a healer with a bow. But there are a few fights that make me frustrated, Den solo being one. That vampire just summons so many bats if the proper lever isn’t clicked right away and I always die because of it. Also I have only ever been able to do suite of screams on her, no one else. Which sucks.

I can send you my AA build if you’d like. Also, I think a lot of really good heals come from the right essences. I found feline, aquatic, reptile and one other are the most effective for me.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh, please! :D I'd love to be able to play them more; after seeing all the various folks' comments who do like them, I figure there's some secret method(s) buried here and there that I'm not getting. X-P

Are you on EQ2U.com? :)

Uwk
    who finds the best way of dealing with a killer dungeon is the Schmetterling Suggestion: go in auto-mentored down about 5-10 levels
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

Yes I am!

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2594179113916
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Breanna and tasnee like this.
  13. Bramdar Active Member

I pretty much only play solo content, but I do box with a second character much of the time so take my advice with a grain of salt.

A lot of my upgrades came from the summer holiday content. The Oceansfull instance was dropping 10x 315 resolve items per run, and so it wasn't long before all of my alts were fully upgraded. Fabled Kurn's Tower named also drop 315 resolve gear, and the boss and weekly quest award 320 resolve gear. I'm at the point with several characters where I can buy the crate of 320 resolve gear from the merchant in Svarni Expanse too, so I have some of that.

But prior to the summer holidays, a lot of my upgrading was cyclical.

Once you've completed the VoV signature questline, a new quest is available in Mahngavi Wastes that leads to the item/POI quests in each overland zone. Those quests award gear that's solid compared to the VoV instances, but also the collections from doing those quests awards 310 resolve items that were previously the best available for soloers. If you haven't done those quests, I highly recommend doing them.

In addition, make sure that you're upgrading your mount and familiar, and using mount gear. If you fill all 11 mount barding slots with Svarni Barding of the Potent, you'll add something like 25k potency, and that can be a huge boost. The familiar is another 20-30k. One of the centaur merchants in Svarni Expanse also sells a mount infusion that increases mount stats as well, so make sure you buy it and use it if you haven't already.

Those are my initial thoughts. As you upgrade more gear you'll be able to run Merchant's Den more effectively, and upgrade your gear to 300 and 305 resolve from that instance. And then you may be able to make the jump to Fabled Kurn's Tower, and upgrade to 315 resolve gear (but I'm not positive about that jump since I had geared up from the holiday instances.)
  14. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thanks so very much for the advice! I appreciate it, I honestly think I spaced the quests out there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Maviarab Active Member

Great post, the majority of my gear on my 125's all came from the festival instances as again, other than some fun with guild on a Sunday night (lower lv chars) I primarily solo also and have no real interest in the 'gear grind' and running instance after instance anymore (I did all the crap 20 years ago in MMO's, I neither have the time anymore either).
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. docdante Member

As a solo player its possible to come to 335 res gear from the vendor in se. festival bracers, 2x 350res pieces from corpsolynne and 325/320 res from kurns, the summer instances and from the vendor gets you over the 7140+ limit for t12 335 gear...i dont know if solo players can get to 7351+ = T13 before the next addon starts...
  17. Celestia Well-Known Member

I’m not worried about it now, the new expansion comes out in 2 months so I’m good
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Maviarab like this.
  18. Bramdar Active Member

I realized after my previous post that if you have a subscription, then this year's Panda gear is all 315 resolve (the Hua Collector items.) With 3 weeks of quests available, I've been able to find a few upgrades for some alts already. It's likely gear that will be replaced once the next expansion is available, but in the meantime it will definitely help with the VoV instances.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Next expansion gear will probably replace everything else from Tishan's Lockbox forward. Mastercrafted gear looks like it's going to be very good. This early in Beta, we can't tell what final stats will be, of course. Right now MIT looks very low (at least on cloth armor) and I haven't seen any Crit Bonus Overcap yet, though the devs have said it will be there.

the general rule of htumb is just go with the best gear you can obtain, whatever it is.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.