My VoV TS Sig Quest Nightmare

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Jesaine, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

I can so relate to that LOL
    Soara2 and Geroblue like this.
  2. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I know this is a late response to this but if the dino dump you because of ld, lag or whatever, OCC to see if someone can cov you or coth you to the end of his ride. I know I have gone and brought people over because they were not level enough or even the right class to try to run that as the mods are plentiful and very happy to slaughter you quickly. I know other players have given help as well.
    Twyla and Soara2 like this.
  3. Merker Member

Just a note on harvesting rares.... if you haven't set up a gear set for this yet. I have a crafting/harvesting gear set when harvesting nodes and, also, use various buffs (and the bountiful harvest potion boosts from my research apprentice). Last I looked, I harvest rares at well over 25% and bountiful harvest is over 60%. With mount gear these stats are pushed even further. It isn't uncommon for me to pop a rare every other node or two. Especially after getting Orita and gearing her/him up with Harvest/crafting gear and barding. But, of course, you are/were on the questline to obtain Orita. ;)

On top of all that, if you had gotten the Gathering Goblin and set him free, you get the spell that increases the speed of your harvesting.

EDIT: Since they finally got the server back up I was able to check.
    Without any buffs or potions. Just with mount (with Gear) and specific gear (Mark of the Fars Seas (with Celestial Nail of Harvesting), Shroud of Hidden Harvests, Nail of Harvests (in feet and Legs) and Forlorn Nail of Harvests (in chest)) I have a 25.0% rare harvest chance and 69% bountiful harvest.
    Almost forgot. Mount gear (ones that matter anyhow); Svarni Saddle of Harvesting (increases rare chance by 10.3%), Svarni Hackamore of Harvesting (increases rare chance by 8.6%)
    Soara2 and Geroblue like this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I reported this issue in beta but was ravaged by the folks who thought I was a loony.
    Soara2 and Twyla like this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

So I did enough for my two mains to get to 125 and quit. Was so annoying and then I realized I had not dressed them in the new gear. That explains the ten minute fights every time I turned around while harvesting. Anyway, I decided to wait for this, until later. I just don't feel like changing clothes on 26 and turn around and do it again next expansion. Was extremely relieved though when I realized it was the gear, I really thought I was in trouble there, especially with my shadow knights. Lol
    Yenk, Breanna, Cyliena and 1 other person like this.
  6. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Jesanie,
    have you ever done any of the earlier Trade skill quest lines and signature quests? there are Many items that help out with harvesting in particular, to be gotten in those earlier quests, including two pocket fuel merchants. these are Very helpful to the forgetful.
    ...As others of the above posters have noted there is a lot of gear and addons that can increase your rare harvest chances, and speed up you're harvesting as well, the spades, nets and shears will stack with the goblin buff to speed you up for every 'pull' on a node.
    It may be worth it to go back through the timelines and obtain some of this additional stuff, the den mum has a comprehensive list of every item on the trader's corner.
    good luck and have fun
    Soara2 and Twyla like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I want to note that Rare Harvesting Chance works in a non-obvious way that I still don't understand. But it's not possible to really get many more rare harvests with this stat.

The one that helps a LOT is Bountiful Harvests.Each pull on a harvest,including the extra pull from Bountiful Harvest, has a chance for rares. The more pulls you get, the more rares you get. Nothing makes it certain, but Bountiful Harvest helps the most IMHO, along with the Gathering Goblin harvest speed buff.

A bunch of harvesting tools are listed in this stickied thread at the top of the Tradeskills forum. The original posts are a bit dated now, and someday I may find the time to go back and update them fully, but for mow also read down the subsequent posts where folks have discussed newer gear and also mention changes in older gear.
    Lateana and Soara2 like this.
  8. Yenk Active Member

Hm... I also bought EQ2 in 2004 like Lateana.
    Even the pre order offer in late summer 2004!

Where do I get the entry "Playing EQ2 since 2004" from?
    Lateana and Soara2 like this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

There is/was a way to edit the words in there. I don't remember how it's done, but it's just something the player put in there.
    Soara2 and Yenk like this.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

To change your player tag you need to go into your profile. I forget where it is located in there, but you can change it to whatever you want. To begin mouse over your name in the top right hand side of the forum.
    Yenk likes this.