Nights of the Dead 2022 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

often, they throw them, because they have a chance to get a bat mount in the prosses, after all you did not ask to be bombarded.
    I even have been a target when I was afk, if I want the collectables, I do this in a quiet hidden corner of a city with a friend or an alt.
    by all means you can ask if he wants a share of the shinnies.
    It's possible (especially on the Test server) that they just want you to get the shinnies for the 5 or 6 collections you get from the pumpkins.
  2. Smashey Well-Known Member

Will the belt be upgraded? Last time we had Halloween event it was an awesome belt that lasted half the next expansion.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

• Ceremonial Nightmarish armor pieces are worth 1 copper, once again, and have had two variant armor pieces added to the set
    Anyone found the 2 new pieces? or is that a copy/paste error?

\aITEM 1030694870 1191766079:Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate Chausses\/a was added in 2020
    \aITEM -1569446775 225881463:Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate Sleeves\/a was added in 2020
    did you mean those 2 pieces?
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, very cool! :)

And yep, I guess I should've asked earlier than I did, Whilhelmina, but I was a little shell-shocked by it all...one might even say -- PUMPKIN shell-shocked! :D

Uwk
    who guesses, "Mom Jokes" doesn't have quite the same ring to it... ;)
    Breanna and Whilhelmina like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

More? :-/

Uwk
    who's glad they can be sold off, even if only for 1c...worth it at twice (half?) the price ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

trees are a Frostfell thing, just wait a couple months
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe they mean the gobbo who sends you off on various stuff, supposedly only three decorating tasks, but there's really like four because of McScroogle -- oh. That's true; the dude in Freeport and Neriak "sells" dead Frostfell trees that are perfect for NotD (and the Monty Python reference bit is hysterical :D).

We really need another merchant in Gorowyn that does that dead tree thing, too, alongside the goody-two-shoes merchant. ;->

I can assure you, even the Good folks like the dead tree look, especially for later NotD parties the next year (and even "Spooky Frostfell!" type stuff), and it's not fair making our poor Evils run around doing all that for them. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Can we please, please, please not have house item recipe books be dependent on the non-existent mercies of RNGeezus for the holidays? Can't we just put those on the new stuff merchant if it's gonna change (and have the old book on the old stuff merchant)? Please? :-/

There's still more than enough cool things to -- uncover -- within the graveyards... ;->

Uwk
    who also would still like to see alllllll those numerous Scorched Sky building block sets be put into recipe books of their own, on those merchants
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Cuora Member

In doing Trick or Treatskiller, I am unable to place the treat dispenser as it is already placed. Started the quest anew this year but did run it last year. The three treat dispensers were already in their places when I went to place them. This is in Freeport. I logged out and came back several hours later and the same issue. I cannot interact with the treat dispensers. Right now, this quest will not advance.
  10. Raeven Well-Known Member

Altius Volfban is MIA from his post in nek forrest, can't get A Nightmarish Illness. New toon on Test, so have not done it before on this toon.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

He's a little tricky to find; he's lurking by the docks, but on the ground, below the visual level of the docks themselves off to the east of them, and iirc, he's near a small tent. If you have the coordinates for him (should be in Wiki) and he isn't there, he may have sunk below the sand, which is unusual (usually, NPCs would sink below a platform or something when they'd go missing in the old days). :-/

Uwk
    Raeven and Breanna like this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Er, the new recipe book IS on the new stuff merchant. :confused:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not what I meant; I'm talking about the recipe book(s) you can ONLY get from digging up a grave or opening a clam or dancing on your head for an hour, then crossing your fingers or whatever. THAT'S the thing that shouldn't be left up to the vagaries of RNG. That's what's really aggravating. >:-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG?: The city quest, either in Qeynos or Freeport, with the "haunted house" (and what idiot buries a bunch of bodies in an attic, and not a basement...) run by a Gigglegibber, doesn't show up in the Completed Quests list, as The Haunting or anything else. We have the different city designations for other World Event quests, why not this one? :)

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Looking at the Catacomb Bricks and Unrest Stone side by side (Tall Dividers), I have to say I really do prefer the Catacomb look better. I guess it depends on what you're going to use them for... ;->

But I still think they should both be available, preferably on NPC merchants. :-/

Uwk
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Check your journal, if it's like me, you'll see in your completed world event quests list that it changed to be marked as completed the day you retook it (so October 2nd 2022 or something like that). I only have one char that did it last year so I can't double-check on another
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Cuora Member

Checked this morning and quest journal still shows as needing to place the treat dispensers. Has the quest given date as 10/2/2022 but no completed date. I know I did this with one toon but not sure if Chiloh was the one or not. Checked completed quests and it's not there so possibly not. Went back to check and treat dispensers are still there at the designated areas in Freeport and unable to interact with them. I also don't remember seeing the treat dispensers in Freeport while I was running around getting the components for the powder and doing some grave digging so I think it has something to do with this toon and this quest. Thanks!
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

mmmh, that's weird.
    I didn't have time this weekend (w*rk) but I finally checked with another Qeynosian char that didn't do it last year. I logged her and grouped with Leucosia. Leucosia had a dispenser already in place while Elerrina could place it without problems. Elerrina could complete the quest but Leu is still stuck.
  19. Borthday New Member

He is not there for me either on ANY new toons. He isn't at the tent for any new toons created that have yet to do this quest previously.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I appreciate all of you jumping in and giving this a go!

I will be examining the issues you've reported, and will be making any fixes I can very soon. Something else has been taking my attention. (*cough* beta *cough*)

Thank you all!

~ Kaitheel