So you got your Community Resource Council

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AOE1, Sep 27, 2022.

1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

And it is all secret, hush hush, private amongst the special. We know that. Are we EVER going to know what they are doing? Or is this just special knowledge for the privileged few. I suspect the latter tbh. While everyday members probably should not be able to post on their forum, many of us pay the same as they do and I believe we should know what they are discussing. Then we can put in our 2 worthless copper in the general forum (not that it will do any good).

All this secret stuff is not healthy in a game that is already struggling to stay alive. And informed public is an educated public. Even though keep them stupid and you can keep control also works apparently.
    Dude, Twyla and Maviarab like this.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The Mission Statement covers all that. :)
    Morukta and Twyla like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

AOE1 there was an opportunity provided to everybody to join that group.
    Breanna and Angeliana like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I had forgotten it existed, until it was brought up by AOE1.

I am retired, but I don't have time to join anything.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Did they ever actually finish going through applications and open it? Last time I checked in they were still sorting applications.
    Dude likes this.
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I believe the process is still on-going. But I will have to ask.
  7. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I thought they had already been going for awhile. I had assumed they were talking about things that would, among other things, help shape the expac that is coming out in December. If they haven't picked the members yet it's going to be awhile which is a shame.
    Geroblue and Zhevally like this.
  8. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I mean it was April or May when I last heard something(and they said it was way more applications than they anticipated which is a good thing). I figured something would go out, so anyone who applied but didn't get selected would know to quit waiting around, which is the only reason brough it up. (Everyone I know who applied has heard nothing so far).
  9. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I'm not 100% certain where we stand with CRC for EQII. But I will ask for sure this week and find out. :)
    Sturmlocke, Twyla and Zhevally like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I know I applied but never heard anything back, so I figured they didn't need my input this time /shrug.

The program has always had an NDE to go with it.
    Kittybock, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  11. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I would have thought that it was already going on as well which is why I asked. But never mind. And yes, I can read. Yes, I read everything written about this. Doesn't mean I like the 'secret'. Lack of communication is normal I see. Sorry I asked.
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Let's face it, if you're not involved, then it hasn't kicked off yet. That's staggering. Applications went in so long ago! I wonder if they just forgot about it?
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not necessarily. They may have wanted new people.
    Kittybock and Sturmlocke like this.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Well it looks from this thread that it really hasn't kicked off yet. And no, I think with your history of engagement you're nailed on to be involved if you're willing, I think everyone would either agree with or accept that decision.. but only if it ever actually happens. You'd have to imagine if it's going to happen it'll be next year now as it'll be heads-down for the rest of the year, and it's not like they're usually very receptive to feedback during the beta.
  15. Arandar Well-Known Member

I'm presuming they're under NDA, for obvious reasons. They're given information that is not ready or appropriate for public consumption, or details about private internal processes, and that's standard procedure for most businesses.
    Morukta likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

We aren't asking what they are doing, but we are asking 'are they doing anything ?'.
    AOE1, Dude, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  17. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I wish they would bring back the polls they used to do. That way all players get a chance to vote on things. It's been over 6 months since they asked for sign ups. Maybe they forgot all about this or moved onto other things. Many times they ask for input and it gets attention for awhile and then slowly fades away and forgotten. Guess we will see what happens with this.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  18. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Okay, so I asked as promised.

Currently, the team's main focus is finishing the expansion and will return to vetting applicants as soon as Renewal of Ro is launched.
    Kittybock, Morukta, Jinksie and 6 others like this.
  19. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Pretty much what I figured. Since everyone is deep into getting the next expac completed. Hopefully something will come out of this next year.
    Angeliana likes this.
  20. Arclite Well-Known Member

In the meantime, the logical extrapolation of that task list would be that whilst the Devs are finishing up the expansion, we can provide feedback via discord and the forums and that will also be factored in, right?

Because the way we are seeing it for years is that you cannot constructively critique the game at all on discord before you are permanently banned (not talking about personal attacks towards the devs or the company) or even on forums before your post is removed unceremoniously - Kander has been fairly vocal about this over the years. We have years worth of Beta feedback on the forums here and we hardly if ever get as much as an acknowledgement of what's being done about it.

How can you guarantee that the people who are chosen on this "council" will actually have any say in the matter of the game? Or is the screening process restricted to those deemed "suitable" by the Devs in terms of their contributions being limited to saying "well-done" on everything and not challenging any development decision?
    Avirodar, Dude and Geroblue like this.