Fixed Internally Auto-Banking Bank Bag Deletes Bag and Contents

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ThatBigBirb, Sep 21, 2022.

1. ThatBigBirb New Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Items
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: The City of Freeport
    Character: Level 20 Necromancer

Summary: Putting Bank Container Full of Items in Auto-Bank Deletes Bag and Items
    Description: I just put my bank bag in Auto-Bank thinking it would sort, instead I lost the bag and all the items inside of it.. I was given no confirmation of these changes. The items were simply deleted from my bank inventory along with the bag.

Update on this:

This only affects empty bags in the first bank slot which I thought I had full of items at the time. I has just nuked the tutorial harvest box and swapped it for a larger regular bag.

When you take an empty bank bag slot 1, and drag it into the auto-bank function. Auto-bank will attempt to auto-bank Bank Bag slot 1 into Bank Bag Slot 1. The end result is a deleted bank bag.

This only works on empty bags in the first bank bag slot. So the loss was only a single bank bag.

I lost an Swamp Ash Lockbox, and 2 small 4 slot vendor trash bags testing this.
    Rosyposy, Forestchild and Twyla like this.
  2. Forestchild Well-Known Member

have you checked your character again, or possible checked to see if the bag indeed emptyed and then you would also have an extra empty bag in one of your other bank bags.

This happened to me once, and it emptied the bag contents into my bank and then also put the empty bag in an unused slot in my bank bags.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. ThatBigBirb New Member

Try this and see for yourself. Take an empty bag in bank slot 1 and auto-bank it. It will get fed to the void. Enjoy!
    Forestchild likes this.
  4. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Oh, I mis-read the post, I thought you were taking the bag from Character slots, and auto-inventory it into the bank.

Yes, I did just log in, and did just like you said. Yep. It VANISHED! Went POOF!!!

Oh, I hope they fix that quickly. or people will be getting ticked off.

I also did a bug report too.
  5. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Just tried this and the bag disappeared, but was in overflow when I logged back in.
    Forestchild and Morukta like this.
  6. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

When you have/see the same bug as someone else and they have already posted a bug report, the best thing for us to do is like the original post in the first report of the bug & then add a reply/comment with your own details to that thread. Adding another bug report doesn't help the devs, it just gives them more to sort thru and a thread to close & redirect. They specifically look at the FIRST post in bug report, and how many people have 'liked' that post to help gauge the importance of any needed fix. ;)
  7. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Well I believe this has been fixed now. Just auto-banked a bag, and it vanished. then logged out of the game and logged back into it. and the back was back in it's slot.
    Morukta and Twyla like this.
  8. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Probably not a real bug, just one of those 'glitchy' things that is rare & random as it doesn't happen very often (ie, how often to folks do that specific series of steps??).

Either way, no bags actually lost is GOOD! :)
    Forestchild likes this.
  9. Bunji Developer

I'll take a look, thanks for the detailed info.
    Twyla and Forestchild like this.