What's the intent/outcome to this new "Secret of the Sands?"

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Bhayar, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, me too... /shudder

I'm a field biologist (among other things) in RL, and I gotta tell ya: as far as I'm concerned, there are two main "camps" in field biology. One camp is parasitologists and their allies, who think the disgusting things are just the most wonderful things on the gods' green Earth and should be loved and admired, like the way Gil Grissom from CSI is with his bugs; and then there's the other camp, 180 degrees opposite.

I am solidly in the OTHER CAMP. X-P

Uwk
    who is torn between getting Beastlords/-ladies more cool things to play with and never wanting to see those bloody things ever again...
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I can see that everyone is really going to love the new tick mount.
    Juraiya, Lateana, Chikkin and 4 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, ttobey, you have my every sympathy...seriously. X-P

Uwk
    who had originally wanted to be a vet...and then spent years living on a farm... X-P
    Breanna, parissa and Geroblue like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, so much for sympathy... ;->

Seriously, RL ticks are usually really, really flat, so they can get just about anywhere (/shudder), until they're full, in which case, they can't move too well at all. (/retch) One wonders how good a ride they'd be.

One wonders: if it's only the females who really need blood that much, what do the males eat? Male mosquitos drink nectar...

Uwk
    who's not THAT curious to look it up...
    Geroblue, Juraiya, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Male ticks just need love.
    Juraiya, Breanna, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

A question came up in guild chat today. Is the "prequel" going to be required for TSer classes? My hunch is yes, but alas, I don't know for sure.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Let's hope the Aerakyn NPCs (and others in Sinking Sands) that we need to talk to are still available. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

All I have to offer is that it would really, reeeaaally have been better if a species other than the black-legged (aka, deer - ie, Lyme Disease species) tick had been used for the textures. There are many others. /shrug
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. vlada Active Member

if it's only the females who really need blood that much, what do the males eat?
    male ticks drink blood too. then they die after mating
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sorry; not really a subject I ever wanted to study too closely. X-P

Uwk
    Juraiya and Geroblue like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Trust me; they're all icky. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.