Fixed Internally Auto Consume 'bugged'

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Taled, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is anyone else still having problems with this? I tried a Totem of the Otter for a particular swimming reason in a particular zone, and didn't need it still on afterwards, but I did notice that when I left, it was still active! :D

And nope, I hadn't changed anything about Auto-Consume; I was wondering if that was still a default thing after the few maintenance sessions we've had since Beee's post.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Yup. No change to it at all for me.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

actual it seems to work. Standing in the guildhall after a while i get the 4 autoconsume messages
    (1647412786)[Wed Mar 16 07:39:46 2022] You consume a \aITEM -1579834854 653297687:Forlorn Scroll of Aptitude\/a.
    (1647412787)[Wed Mar 16 07:39:47 2022] You consume a \aITEM 387430179 -2049957113:Forlorn Scroll of Skirmishing\/a.
    (1647412787)[Wed Mar 16 07:39:47 2022] You consume a \aITEM 249441226 -400155829:Forlorn Scroll of Pugilism\/a.
    (1647413064)[Wed Mar 16 07:44:24 2022] You consume a \aITEM 920891027 -270676177:Totem of the Deadly Sabertooth\/a.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...well, it seems to work with items, like Potions, Totems, etc., but not spells/abilities; I have a Mystic who has Enduring Breath, and while it doesn't say anything on the actual description of it, apparently it's like No-Zone or something, since that didn't work at all from one zone to the next, even with several minutes of the 15 still on it. :-/

Uwk
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  5. Cropster Active Member

Can we bump this? any chance on a fix?
  6. Twyla Well-Known Member

To bump, like the first item in the thread. It says Q&A is progress for what it's worth.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

all 4 stopped autoconsume for me and have to be restarted .. whyever (maybe serverdown or /beta copy)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, it sounds like the main issue is with Auto-Consume either NOT working when it's supposed to, or cutting out when it's not supposed to. X-P

I was gonna say the only thing that seems consistent is the Totems, but looking at Beee's entry up above, the Totem of the Deadly Sabertooth didn't do what it needed to. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but sadly, we can't Like more than once per person... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Twyla Well-Known Member

LOL, true.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

Hmmm
    \aITEM 1127832721 1945607300 0 0 0:[Shadowscream Elixir of Intellect]\/a and
    \aITEM 920891027 -270676177 0 0 0:[Totem of the Deadly Sabertooth]\/a
    autoconsume stopped today, The ohter 3 are still autoconsuming

The only thing i did yesterday: Switching on autoconsume of
    \aITEM -276484916 -313872402 0 0 0:[Abyssal Elixir of Thorns]\/a
    for an hour too
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

It's just a matter of them still not having fixed the bug. Literally nothing has changed about what causes this or what is effected by it since I posted this initially.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

reproduceable stop of autoconsume:

1) Turn on autoconsume of \aITEM 1127832721 1945607300 0 0 0:[Shadowscream Elixir of Intellect]\/a (1403 int)
    after 30 min the next is consumed
    2) single use a better one like \aITEM -106777249 1147917344 0 0 0:[Abyssal Elixir of Intellect]\/a (2170 int)
    3) autoconsume of the Shadowscream Elixir of Intellect shows it's on, but it will never ever consume another because when trying to autoconsume it will not counsume because of a running better version

Solution:
    a) disable autoconsume if using a single better one (this is the bad solution)
    b) skip consuming on running once and start check again in the next period
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  14. Ratalthor Developer

We expect this issue to be updated with the release of the next expansion.
  15. Cropster Active Member

Does this mean you're turning off the auto consume function? :p
  16. Miragian Well-Known Member

Probably recoding at least the newer ones to be handled differently? Or maybe most of them.

I don't know if its related but I noticed if I had more than one stack of the same thing the auto consume didn't seem to work when the current stack was used up.
  17. Ratalthor Developer

Auto-consume will not be turned off. You can see the fix on Beta once it goes live.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Twyla and Taled like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, we'll just have to remember to turn it off (or back on again, afterwards, if we want that; gotcha). /nodding :)

Uwk
  19. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Auto Consumed Buffs (via Scrolls, Totems, Potions) stop when zoning into Haunting Presence Raid Zone. I have to reuse all of them and reset auto consume.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Caith Developer

Does this happen on the beta server? As Ratalthor said above, this is fixed for the expansion, it will not go live before then.