"Secrets of the Sands" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Denmum Developer

The merchant unlocks the moment you have completed that first instance, I believe. The various items on her unlock for purchase at 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K and 50K faction. As far as finding out how much faction you have, there is a faction tab on your character sheet. Adjust the dropdown to "Desert of Ro" and it will show there.
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

In addition to Denmum's comment, there is only the daily adventure repeatable and the 3 repeatable tradeskill quests. No second or beyond tier of quests to do.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks, Denmum I will look for the merchant. After some looking around, I found her, I did not expect a local to be the merchant, but ok.

I don't know where this goes, so I put it here, I found Dora, the door gnome in Baron Sky while I was testing the prelude event.
    I checked if this is quest is already available on Tarinax, and when it was not, I thought it might come out with the update today.
    After I did start to do the prelude event on Island of Refuge, I found out that the questline is already available there.

Please can we get this crafting quest on Tarinax too, we already got the other two quests, the one in Everfrost and the one in
    Sinking Sands.
    Pretty please with doors on top.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What level is Tarinax up to by now? I thought it was in the 60s for sure... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Tarinax is up to ROK, that is 2 expansions beyond KoS.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. draidean Well-Known Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for changing the formula to faction instead of tokens!!! Please keep doing this and it would be ever so much more extra kind to retro it for other furnitures too. <3 <3 <3
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No.

It's waaay easier, imho, to get currency(-ies) rather than faction. :-/

The main issues I have with currency is a) sometimes, depending on the event, there's not enough ways to get it, or to get it in quantities desired, and b) you can't convert it to anything else after the chance of getting the "get it now or else too bad, l00zr" is gone forever.

If those two issues were fixed, I'd have no problem whatsoever with it. ;->

Perhaps we should be able to do both? Like with the Goblin Coins or whatever those were? :)

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nope. Faction is easier simply because once it's done, it's done. You can then go back and buy stuff as much as you like for as long as it's there. You do currency, you spend it, you see something else you need, you go get more coins, you spend them, you see somet..... and it never ends. And as you pointed out yourself, the mechanisms for getting coins rarely provide the quantities that people like decorators are always wanting to stockpile building components.
    Yes, farming faction is boring, but if you knuckle down you can get it done relatively quickly. Farming coins on the other hand is just as boring, if not more so, neverending and usually comes with a significant level of frustration to boot. Faction every time, please.
    Whilhelmina, Breanna, Chikkin and 3 others like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea, once you got the faction you can simply buy as much as you want, but that means you have to use gold, or such.
    draidean and Breanna like this.
  10. Miragian Well-Known Member

Even if its currency that doesn't mean it doesn't have at least *some* gold component and let's face it, the prices on the merchant are very very affordable. The most expensive thing is the mount at 5p the rest is like 10-50g. In the current economy for most that's next to nothing.

I also think the faction idea is better given that again, once you have the faction you can just buy as much as you think you might need. If its currency you likely are going to spend days just trying to stockpile the currency and then likely still won't have enough.

That said, I think Kaitheel already said that future events will likely be a mix of both faction and currency designs.Not always the same style. Heck, he might even do some weird combination at some point.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

It's a nice easy crafter / outfitter prelude, but what's the benefit for a regular player?
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

What I said is, I mostly like the faction idea, makes things much simpler.
    Yes, the prizes are nice, but I will have to be careful what account I do the faction on so I can get the mount for the toons on the right account, or I have to do the faction on more than 26 toons.
    And I want at least 60 of each building block and such, because I don't know if we ever get those items againso you get the idea, I will be very busy in any case.
    My problem is that I don't have millions of plat on the live servers, because I now mostly play on the 2 TLE servers.

One thing I noticed on my level 90 crafter is she already leveled up 2 levels.
    O yea, and we need those ticks as house pets, so I can put some up as my guard pets. (Laughs menacingly). ;)
  13. Miragian Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the wings are heirloom so it might save you a little time since you can trade them between characters.
    draidean likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know that Miragian , I have 4 accounts on all servers including the public test server and Thurgadin
    that is 6 servers. (Not counting the 2 TLE servers, they don't get this event.)
  15. draidean Well-Known Member

You don't have to do it at all hehehe

But that's just me on the complete opposite end happy to do nothing but decorate forever and ever amen.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

You can get a pair of red wings.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We have no idea at this point whether Nomads of Ro faction will be something we need for adventuring in the next expak. I basically ground out full 50K faction via crafting, it was fast.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  18. Miragian Well-Known Member

Fairly certain if it is a faction we need, there will be plenty of other ways to get it. There is almost zero chance they would force you to have to have done the prelude or risk getting screwed in the expansion.

Most likely, they will make the access quest for the expansion give a bunch of the faction if its needed.
    Twyla likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One of the many reasons I far prefer tokens of some sort to Faction is that they are transferable. If my Carpy toons (really, the only reason I'm doing this) aren't suitable for surviving that initial dungeon toon-slaughter fest, they're not going to be able to buy the house items I'm interested in. If my stellar AOE toon, Uwk, can plow through even the Ephemeral tuchis-head and its numerous adds and damage reduction, I could then (hopefully) earn all sorts of tokens from that, and subsequent quests, to flat-out GIVE my Carpy on Maj'Dul what he needs in terms of tokens. :-/ Lather, rinse, repeat on other servers with other AOE Warrior types.

Uwk
    Breanna, Beee and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BLESS YOU, SCHMETT! :D

It worked! :D Granted, every other critter in the first dungeon wasn't too bad; even when scaled, they only took like 4-5 blows at most to take out (but those ticks...gaahhh...fastest Loot ever ;->), even without Mentoring. But I finally took in, of all people, one of my Templars (main Carpy on AB), Mentored from 110 to 100 (and, granted, could not be Stifled ;->), and she finally BEAT that Ephemeral wench (or berk; not sure what gender, if any, it has; never lived long enough previously to check)! :D

Thank you thank you thank you! :D You've given me hope again. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.