MELEE Wizard?!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Aterskia, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Aterskia Active Member

me'es fend send me's dis picture wen dey was in Betrayal in the Underdepths:
    me's Fend is a BERZERKER.(read: straight Melee)
    yu's knoe, METAL SWORD, HEAVY METAL ARMOR, HEAVY METAL SHIELD, STRONG, not too bright;) ;
    NOT a Highly Intelligent (yet) weak/frail Wizard.
    now see's if'n yu's see problem wif below picture:

[IMG]

So.
    beasties dat prevent WIZARDS fum der "Eye of Newt, Blood of a Crocodile,.. little bit more blood, yeah,..." (h/t to Ms. Latrine)
    (hint: known as Verbal and Material components)
    has no got nuffin to do wif SWINGING A SWORD! or the subtle Twist of said Sword to get a specific effect.
    [see below fur specific real-world examples; notice, dey NO BE'S SAYIN' NUFFIN]

so obviously is BUG, since sumting tink BERZERKER (read: straight Melee) be's a castin' Wizard.
    yu's be's fix so game no tink MELEE be's just a castin' Wizard, ya ya?
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Please. I am begging you. Drop the roleplay when you're trying to convey actual problems and issues with the game on these forums. The developers themselves have pointed out that they can't understand what you're trying to say.

This is the bug forum. The purpose is to communicate clearly so the developers can investigate problems with the game and see if something actually is wrong. THEY NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. The rest of us on the forums might be able to chip in on these issues if we understand as well, but I can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to both say and show here.
    Ayodi, Aggy and Twyla like this.
  3. Aterskia Active Member

since me'es be's Ridiculed fur speckin' 'Tonga, an me'es been Ridiculed fur speckin wif "Articulation, detail and Thoughtfulness;"
    no.
    if'n dat means me'es be's ignored.
    fine.
    me'es so Jaded, me'es no cares ehnee mor wat heppin's:mad:
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

Sigh... for lack of a better comparison, and to put it bluntly. Its an English forum, please use English. Not Ratonga or whatever other fantasy language. It would be about as bad as deciding to try to read a technical forum in Tolkien Elvish.

Its not that no one cares, its that its extremely counter productive to your own cause. You may very well have great points and maybe the stuff you report is 100% bugs that can be solved but, it gets lost in the... "What the heck did he just say??"
    Ayodi and Twyla like this.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

From what I can tell, just from the picture posted and not any of the "wording", (Ratonga are something one roasts for a meal as a last resort and I make no attempt to understand their supposed language ;) ) It appears they are unhappy with control effects preventing them from casting spells and makes them melee as they believe a wizard only waggles fingers.
    Not a bug.
  6. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Normally, I'm on your side, but... Even I don't have a clue what your exact issue is here.

From the picture, it looks like you're playing a 'zerker (hot buttons). From the damage report, you're hitting for slashing damage and your provoking counterattack worked also. All I see on the red (incoming) damage report is a riposte, followed by two hits.

NOW, given the "No Hostile Spells", and most of your hot buttons being shaded, I'll ASSUME like Kuulei that it's the control effects you're unhappy with. They're an extremely annoying part of the game unfortunately. MAYBE it can be argued that the warning should have read "No Hostile Spells or Combat Arts", but that does get a little long winded.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Just put it on ignore. It doesn't want to be helped, it wants to roleplay.
    Ayodi likes this.
  8. Accendo Guest

Please post OOC for Bug Reports moving forward.
    Ayodi, Aggy, Holdolin and 3 others like this.