mats above 100 craft/harvest level ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I started my gathering goblin and pony. I have VoV expac on that account.

Entitlement: Visions of Vetrovia: Standard Edition

I used the Adv level token to 120 on another character.

But when I went to request levels above 100, I got only 100 on one and Thurgadin 100 on the other.

The character is Nejiara on Maj'Dul, 110/110.

Am I missing a quest to get mats above level 100 ?

Or did i make some other mistake ?

Thanks.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

The gathering goblin stops at 100, as that is when you can do the Kunark Ascending crafting stuff and replace him with the harvesting speed buff and the Obulus Frontier Garden.

The pony should be fine at bringing back all levels.
    Soara2, Breanna and Twyla like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, I remember reading posts in here about that, but I didn't remember when it happened.

I'll check on the pony later as it is still gathering. I can still use the goblin for lower stuff, like fulginate and feyiron, which I keep running out of on both skyfire and maj'dul.

I thought Nejiara's TS wasn't moving, but I checked and it is increasing. At 58K and I need a bit over 193mil to get to TS 111.
  4. Denmum Developer

Unless you are doing crafting quests from PoP, Chaos Descending or Luclin, your progress at 111 will be painfully slow. Planes of Prophecy made the xp curve for level 100+ to be very steep, and requires quests from that expansion or later to see solid progress in your leveling.
    Soara2, Breanna and Twyla like this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah you have to quest from here-on-out after level 100. Grinding just isn't practical unless you want to spend 4 years to gain one level.
    Soara2, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, questing I shall go. But not tonight, almost sleep time.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Apologies for the necro.

I have one 110 adv/craft character with Chaos Descending and Visions of Vetrovia.

I have to leave the account in question as f2p. Would that make it painful for working on this ?

By that I mean, is the travel and going around the zone to get the mats easier when all access or is f2p doable fairly quickly ?

And which website should I go to for the clearest/best info on this ?

Thanks !
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

I have done the full tradeskill quest line up to max on FtP and on All Access. Honestly there is not that much of a difference. Fast travel is convenient at times but wisely timed calls to home or guild hall will let you jump back just the same with an extra zone or two thrown in between.
    Geroblue likes this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

And which website should I go to for the clearest/best info on this ?
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm trying some of the Obol Plains trade skills to get the coins and faction I need.

I tried to get over to Twark, north side of Obol Plains, and I'm blocked. Mountains in the way. The Wiki doesn't mention the big gate ring goes there or not.

Here is the Wiki page I'm on: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Choose_the_Slug_Life

gives Sovereign of Rile currency. I need two and faction of 20,000 to buy the recipes I want.

How do I get over there ? Thanks.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

I presume you mean Obulus Frontier which is where Twark is? If you're zoning in via the Iksar cave from main Kunark zones you can fly over the mountain on your left once you get clear of the cave. You have to go quite high but it's still easier than going all the way down the valley and around through the agro mobs.

Out of curiosity why aren't you using the Twark totem given by the tradeskill questline?
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I apparently need to do some prequels. I don't have that totem.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

This is the character I'll be doing this with.

[IMG]

ftp, doesn't know Goblish, and has a way to go to get to Kunark then Chaos Descending. tradeskills.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Evilary Well-Known Member

Using the EQ2 wire link to your character, https://u.eq2wire.com/tsreport/detail/2602775104518. This page shows all available tradeskill quests and links to guides for them. If you start the quest "An Urgent Call" http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/An Urgent Call, the first step in the Kunark Ascending series, it will lead you down the path to get the quark totem and there are shinies on the ground among the goblins that will help you learn the goblin language when you hit a wall with them.

You can use the list from EQ2 wire as a guide to know where to go next on your character as it will update and strikethrough the quests for you as you complete them as long as you refresh the page.
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thank you !

I didn't know it would work that way.

I'll try it today or tomorrow.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

How do I get down here, without dieing ? Last time I got this far, my character fell down and died. Never got to talk to The Duality.

Speak to The Duality in The Duality's Vigilant Sanctum ( 1849, -371, 3451 ) below Paineel in Sundered Frontier (if you have A Vigilant Sanctum Key you can use that to port directly to The Duality's Vigilant Sanctum (Mythic Passage)
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

And I can't seem to get to Thalumbria, and Maldura, since the Flachnar is ftp. I cannot get DBC right now. Can't do it with another character as this is the only 100 plus provisioner crafting level toon I have.

Is there something I'm missing on how to finish this ?

Thanks !
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, the character had the Key to take him to The Duality's Sanctum.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I thought this quest was familiar, I got to this point and got stuck. I have several gathered items necessary for a crafting in Maldura. So I've been there before.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.