which tradeskill makes Goblin goo soup/Battlemaster brew drink ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Denmum Developer

The teleporters can transport you down to the Hole area.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well... I didn't check first on the wiki. I remembered in EQ it was drop to the death, but that had been fixed.

I need to get the illusion as well. I don't remember the name of the NPCs.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yep, I tried that trick too when I first logged into the beta ... :oops: And you don't need any illusions for this except where some of the quests specifically provide them.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

There was one mentioned. I don't remember the name of the mob, but its down in The Hole area.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Hmm. I'm not sure what instructions you're following but I'd dump them and use Mum's walkthrough instead. You're not going into the Hole itself, just the Duality's instance which happens to be accessed from one of the Hole doors. There's nothing in there but him!
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The wiki is what I've been following.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Suggestion: when it comes to Tradeskills always start with EQ2Traders. I've rarely needed to go anywhere else in 22 years.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

roekillik illusion spell is also mentioned on the eq2traders page.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm getting confused. The area below Paineel dropped my character like a rock.

Where is the place I can transport down ? The transport I found in Paineel didn't have downward areas as a selection. I saw 3 places I could go when I right clicked on it. The oval lines.

edit: Apparently I didn't take any screenshots. I'll do some today.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

The teleporter down to the Hole is to the left of the main one, I think - been a long time since I used it as I always fly down now. And I think you have to do some adventure quests in order to activate it. Just go to the main teleporter and ignore it. Fly forward off the platform that it's on and look down to your right. You should see another platform down there below Paineel extending out of the cliff face - you want to go into the big hallway off that and head to the door on the left. If you fly too far below that platform you will indeed die in the bottomless pit.

Ignore the bit about the illusion. Making it IS the quest!
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll try after my internet provider, Sparklight, stops yanking my internet connectivity up and down... I can see, I haven't been there today, two teleporters with the oval lines rotating between some spikes.

One is out on the platform, I think it is the arrival point for fast travel.

The other is part of the Paineel platform.

I haven't seen any others.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

If you have a flying mount, don't bother with the teleporters:
    • Fly down to the platform
    • DON"T go into The Hole
    • On the left side of the inside click on the door and choose the option for the Duality.
    • Follow the steps of the quest, which will lead you to make the illusion potion and progressing the quest.
    If you don't have a flying mount, get one! I'm only half joking, you've played this game long enough to probably have one in your /claim.

If you really don't have a flying mount, try this: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Ruined_Teleporter.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

This particular character is one of my originals, when I started playing EQ II. Several flying mounts.

Does anyone have a screenshot of that platform, from above ? I didn't see it earlier this week.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

He just says hello. So I guess I need a prequel quest done.

I did carefully look over and I see a platform down there.

Have to check and make sure I have all items I need that aren't down there.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

You can sort of see it in this picture. It's not the big landing pad thing in the middle. It's the sort of hard to see little platform down below the main level of Paineel.

https://www.everquest2.com/images/en/features/articles/exp06/sundered/south_odus6.jpg
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I think that is the same one I see from the Paineel platform I get to by using the teleporter over where the Yun Zi panda is located.
  17. Twyla Well-Known Member

To get the port to work to go to the Hole. You need to find the broken teleporter in Old Paineel, basically above Paineel after the ghosts and just before the little gully with the golems. Then go to the guy that said hello to you, he should talk to you then and say you have access now. Did you do the questline that killed Gnome test subject?
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Nope, I haven't done that quest line.

My connect speed today is in kilobites per second... so I'm going to wait on doing quests.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, taking 3 to 5 seconds for broker to load, Sparklight isn't a good ISP.

I'll leave the quests for another day.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I went down, got to 'go to the forest outside Maldaur' part and decided to go back to Qeynos and take a break. Character died twice trying to avoid the guards to get the items so I could bandage the guard and get the ring.

Anyway, the eq2traders page... I may have missed something.

quoting:

The resonance crystal will need 1 umbrite, 1 thalumbral root, 1 bornite nodule, 1 thaumic coal. The portal attunement device: resonance crystal, 5 umbrite, 5 bornite nodule, and 1 thaumic coal.

end quote.

I took 10 of each, and ran out of umbrite with no errors made. I think there was another item I didn't have enough of, but I'm not sure what it was. Well, the coal, etc. I took 100 of each.

If I do this on another character... I'll take 100, or more, of each item needed and see if I run out then. The account is all access, so I could buy from broker. Luckily I didn't have to over spend.

Kept hitting into the ceiling trying to get away from the bats, etc. whatever they are. I guess if I ever do this for another character, maybe I can find my way easier. And not being able to fly away from the guards attacking caused the two deaths. I didn't want to attack the guards backk, in case that messed up the character's faction with them after I got the ring from Brytthel.

I think I'll open some chocolate and watch Ghost in the Shell. More calming than this quest.
    Breanna likes this.