Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok all NPCs have 2 legs and 2 arms and a head again, and are not particularly pink, and definitely not cube shaped
    Whilhelmina, Twyla and Breanna like this.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

DO NOT KILL THE PINK CUBES!!!
    Whilhelmina, Twyla and Breanna like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they are all gone anyway, all fixed after the server went down yesterday, there must have been a bigger problem.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I use imgur.com for image/photo hosting. Its free.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK I asked, found out, for some reason brawler hand weapons have always been set to no show and that's how it's going to stay. I don't think anyone (me included) want to go through hundreds of .vdl text files to make certain ones show!
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  6. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Serious question, not trying to badger you. I can say my asking is partially motivated by all the nay-saying answers from some players when things are suggested here however. Even when it's just a "wouldn't it be fun if..." as opposed to an outright request for something.

OK, question being... IF these files are indeed legitimately "set to no show" (as opposed to not having a picture at all), is EQ2's coding language so... user hostile (for lack of a better term) that somebody couldn't just write a short script that would do an automated sweep of those files and toggle the display values to "on"? I'm making an assumption there that the control is indeed a basic "light switch" type binary toggle.
    Geroblue and Rosyposy like this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You have to open the file in our art viewer, see what bone the item has listed and then set that to attach to weaponrootright or weaponrootleft. There were very careless artists long ago, so the attach bone isn't always in there and isn't always correct, so trying to write a batch file to turn them on wouldn't work and may wind up being as much work as going in and manually doing it. But like I said nobody on this side wants the brawler weapons showing when disarmed.
    Whilhelmina, Hartay, Twyla and 4 others like this.
  8. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Yikes, that's a mess. If they'd done their jobs properly, it SHOULD be an easy fix. I can certainly understand your dilemma here however.

Thanks for the reply. :)
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I always thought it was a good thing that most of the brawler weapons don't show up when sheathed. Those giant spiked Cestiis from the original game, the power knuckles from Planes of Prophecy, the ALWAYS MOVING scorpion tail of the Bruiser epic-- imagine how awkward it would look to see such round circular CIRCLES hanging off your waist. The fact that not all weapons appear while sheathed is not only an aesthetic godsend, but it allows my character to appear casual without having to actually remove my weapons.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  10. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Decanus Nok Brinloy + fist weapons + Possess Essence = !?
    (Love this combination :) )

btw, Tox Flies in Sundered Frontier change into beetles when tamed by Beastlords, think it should be fixed.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I don't remember where someone posted about the bat familiar flying in the ground but I just fixed it. So whenever there's a big art push that fix should go in.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Ok found the post, this is fixed, will be on live in next big art build
  13. Sephris Member

Gotcha, well thanks for the official answer!
    Geroblue and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Ttobey I miss you. Keep on Quacking.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I didn't go anywhere!
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You'll wonder where ttobey went, when you scrub the forest with a giant treeeeee !

( Yeah, not so close to that toothpaste jingle, but I'm tired and couldn't get it to rhyme, in three and quarter time... :)
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What the heck toothpaste jingle is that? Pepsodent?
    Geroblue, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and ttobey is not a duck, he's not quaking, if anything he's squeaking.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

He will always be an honorary duck in my heart.
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

oooww yea your right he worked so hard on those ducks :D
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.