"Secrets of the Sands" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was just in the Cache...omfg. X-P

It was such a joy and relief to be able to deal with the Orcs... :-/

But here's the thing: I'm testing this with a level 65 (was; now 66 ;->) Ranger, solo, and I can't do enough damage fast enough (level 62 MC Imbued everything that can be; level 60 Field Point Arrows; level 62 Imbued Hex Dolls [Discord, Ruin]; etc.) to get that dang Ephemeral thing before its Stifle (I'm presuming; was a little too busy trying to throw kitchen sinks at it to check) and its gang o' goons could kill me (several times). Any suggestions? :-/

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking about Zam, that was one of the most delightful things about it: they would have info and hints and so forth even when things were still on Test... ;->

For instance: if I can't finish the dungeon, can I still buy things from the merchant? :-/

Uwk
  3. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Are the tradeskill repeatables available if you haven't finished the dungeon? Sadly, I didn't notice the tradeskill quests at all until someone very kindly pointed them out to me using small words and reassuring tones, so I don't know if they were there before I did the instance or not.
  4. Test Taffies Active Member

They did not appear for me until I finished the first visit to the Cache. Then when I turned the quest in and the quest giver informs you to meet in Sinking Sands that is when the tradeskiller quests first appeared to me.

Did this on a character started at about level 7. Now around level 12 or so. They had no merc, pet only. Did ok with the big mob and adds, died once. This part could be overwhelming for characters without pet and/or merc.
  5. Miragian Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you have to finish the initial quest completely to get any of the repeatable quests to show up. Given that it scales it normally wouldn't be a big deal. (This does not mean it scales well, I haven't tried it at anything but 125.

I don't think we're going to see a permanently accessible merchant/vendor for all these house items. At the point where stuff is always available it means it does cost money for Darkpaw. The reason? They have to keep making new stuff for every event rather then being able to just bring back some of the more popular items. This means more art work, etc. As much as I'd love for the Erylisi Crystal (spelling) stuff to always be available. Among other items.

Only solution to the wiki not having info is to fix it when you see it. Since its editable by anyone. There are less players then there use to be so, of course it doesn't get updated as much or as fast.

I brought up the candles and the vase just in case something can still be done about them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with this. I did it on a class with a single AE ability and a healer merc and had to escape out twice after merc deaths before I finally managed that final encounter and it was blue at the time since I levelled in the instance. 6 mob encounters for non AE classes are going to be tough.

Also I notice that the crafting recipes are still taking mats from smallest stacks first. I thought that was going to be switched around to use largest stack first following discussion on previous events like this? I know that if I'm carrying small quantities of something it's usually for a specific purpose and I'd prefer not to have it used up on something like this so that I have to run out and replace it before I can complete the other task for which it was destined. As it is I'm going to have to head to a bank and do some major inventory management before I can do the crafting quests.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I think a halfling or ratinga could ride them
  8. Kaitheel Developer

I appreciate your enthusiasm in seeing this particular issue resolved. Test has now been updated with my most recent fixes.

From this point on, if you encounter any other rares being consumed by these event recipes please respond to this thread with recipe name & exact name of the rare. That way, I can see if that specific rare is properly classified.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Lera Well-Known Member

Maybe try chronomentoring, zoning in, and then unmentoring?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Thankfully, the zone does allow for two players to go into one instance, and they'll share updates, too. So, if things are a little too challenging for one particular character, grab some help and you'll be sure to navigate through the Cache much easier.

~ Kaitheel
    Whilhelmina, Breanna and Twyla like this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Slow and steady is sometimes a better solution than hitting something with all you got all at once.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Kaitheel please lower the max duration on that instance, 3 days is way too long. Especially that there's nothign to do in a used instance anymore. If the quest itself is a daily then the max duration should be somewhere just short of that, so we can skip the step of resetting previous instance
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the green slabs of rock from Fractured Hive? How do we get them ? and When we get them can they come as full fledged set of building blocks? They are gorgeous!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Question: this is the first prelude in a few years that does not offer previous prelude items, not even a little selection?
    Or did I miss another merchant somewhere?
  15. Miragian Well-Known Member

I brought this up previously due to the only thing in the instance being the shiny but, it might have gotten lost. I'd love for it to have no reuse like the ones for Vetrovia's prelude had. There's one shiny and no loot, I'd love for a better way to be able to more quickly acquire all the shinnies. As a side benefit, it might give another source of scaling insects for the daily familiar quest.

I take it the art updates didn't make it yet? :(
  16. Miragian Well-Known Member

\aITEM -1492894715 -873980575 0 0 0:[Calabash of Palm Wine]\/a - Still trying to eat rares in the third slot (list of known possible enteries: Redfin Picerel, Pteradon Meat, Shrieking Mushroom, Jungle Kumquat, possibly others.)

\aITEM -164589025 1817573958 0 0 0:[Pot of Fatteh]\/a - Same problem, list: Pteradon Meat, Zelniak Steak, Redfin Pickerel

Going to go reget the quests in the off chance its bad recipes.

Also still says "You have scribed Swimming Oak provisor/tailoring/woodworking recipes."

Guessing the quest needs to auto remove the recipes and rescribe them on getting it again.

Ignore me, I got ahead of myslef, patch hasn't happened yet.
  17. Denmum Developer

Because the patch has not happened yet.
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Test going down at 7:15 ( in a few minutes) give it half an hour to an hour and come again
  19. Miragian Well-Known Member

Now that the patch has actually happened...
    I'm happy to say that it seems to have stopped eating rares and, as a side bonus, it no longer wants to consume the blood iron ore either. At least from what I can see.
  20. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Are the 'cracked walls' in the first instance supposed to explode themselves like 8 times each when you defeat them to get through? It's not a problem, it's just a little dramatic and made me wonder if they're really meant to be doing that.

The cracked walls are really getting into their roles.