Fixed Internally Blackened Iron Ingots won't stack

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Juull, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Miragian Well-Known Member

Sure, though that's potentially 10+ different items. One ingot, one potion or infuser, and a piece of gear per day. So you're talking a rotating like what, 8ish slots that are tied up and that's if you stay on top of it. Since, don't forget since every day the timer is different for the new item the new stuff won't stack with the existing stuff that won't stack either. *I may have gotten the math wrong here I didn't try very hard to double check it. This also doesn't really include the armor pieces.

The timer needs to go, and be visible (on the stuff that it does need to be there for.)
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

I completely agree the timer is ridiculous, on heirloom items in particular. But it's not the End of Days™ either.
    KingDragon and Twyla like this.
  3. Twyla Well-Known Member

No, but it is highly annoying.
    KingDragon likes this.
  4. KingDragon Active Member

And assuming you didn't just hit that time of the month where you get 10 crates - that will also behave this way if you opt for those instead of the 500 DBC, familiar, or TS potion......
  5. KingDragon Active Member

Please keep feedbacking this in game. All sub items need to display their "timer" as the containing chest/crate/etc did initially.
  6. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Has this bug been fixed? The other types of ingots also don't stack. I'm confused about the timer you are talking about. Ingots and other items from other OS crates used to stack just fine. Now they don't. Is this a real bug or did something change?
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

something changed, and for me it seems like a real bug since it hasnt been noted in a patch note, but caith's comment is making me unsure because of their policy to not comment on exploits but my brain is not big enough to understand how it might be an exploit since the boxes you get from overseer heritage mission cant go on broker i thought

edit: i now see its labeled as confirmed yay
    KingDragon likes this.
  8. KingDragon Active Member

And at least another week of ... less bag space. Thrilled it's listed as confirmed now. At least it won't be as bad as the last few weeks since other bag eating issues were resolved. Lets knock this one out too and hopefully get the bug and it's fix documented so it's quicker to resolve when it comes back, again, as this isn't it's first appearance.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

No - The items from the heritage daily chest still have the hidden heirloom timer :(
    They stack after a week
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

@caith can we at least get the red text telling us when the restriction goes away on the single heritage crates from the daily overseer mission (and from marketplace) if this behavior is not being changed?

the crates are heirloom so they will never be tradeable to other players but its hard to keep track of which ones you can open and which ones you cant without the red text

[IMG]
    Breanna and Beee like this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

PSST: It's a hidden timer so you need not see it :)
    Caith likes this.
  12. Caith Developer

The timer was hidden on items that are already no-trade or heirloom because, well, those items are already no-trade or heirloom. Unfortunately we have to maintain the timers on those items, because we have forty bajillion ways of turning one item into another, so the timer needs to exist on them until it expires, in case they become items that are tradeable so that the tradeable item can inherit the timer.

After the next patch, those timers should be visible on all items, even if the item is by default heirloom or no-trade.
    Twyla, Bludd and Beee like this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

It's cool we now see that the items are truely not stackable for a week like
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    But: Why the hell you applied this traderestriction to these items? The only way to get rid of these storage items is to put them in a shared bank for a week and then put them on the storage stacks.
    I'm thinking about doing this for my 400 stored ingots.

Actual showing the timer is a workaround but it does not solve the wrong behavior: You simply have to avoid the activation of the traderestrictions on unpacking the daily and the heritage chests.
    Maviarab likes this.
  14. Maviarab Active Member

This is the question. Nothing else they say matters (or is relevant), they never used to have any restriction...so yes, why was it even added other than to annoy the f*** out of us?
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

i assume there's an exploit of some sort
  16. Miragian Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, we have gone through this before. Every time the heritage crate daily changed. This is the first time that the restrictions weren't just lifted after a certain amount of time. (Meaning, the timer was just removed from the stuff that can't be traded anyway.)