Stuck at 100

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Capryce, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Capryce New Member

I've been playing about a year and my Carpenter just hit 100 in tradeskills. She is a CL86 mystic. I can't get past 100, what is my next step?
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Have you purchased any of the following expansions: PoP, Chaos Descending, Blood of Luclin, Reign of Shadows, or Visions of Vetrovia?

If the answer is no, the next step is to buy VoV, which is now on sale for 25% off.

If the answer is yes, the answer is to check your mail, get the quest, and find Druzil in PoM.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Capryce New Member

Thank you. Unfortunately I won't be able to get VoV until Nov. Can I play Vov at CL86?
  4. vlada Active Member

minimum for vov is 120
  5. Denmum Developer

Above 100 needs expansions, and the most recent expansion will unlock the earlier ones. (Level 100 would be Planes of Prophecy). The other thing to know about 100+ once you pick up an expansion is that the experience curve makes a huge change at that point for both adventuring and for crafting. You will need to quest to level, and those quests will need to be level 100 or higher.

Why do I make a point of mentioning that? Any lower-level crafting quests that you do will not really nudge the xp bar at all, given the huge amount of experience needed. You will need to do level 100+ crafting writs or the level 100 crafting signature line from Planes of Prophecy (PoP) in order to see your crafting xp bar move. Just making items, or just doing lower level tradeskill quests just won't make enough of a dent in your xp bar to say so. This is commonly misunderstood by newer players, and leads to them going "I'm not getting any xp!!" This applies to crafting, and to adventuring (when you hit 100 adventuring).
    Breanna, Jinksie, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

In other words, the Altar of Malice, Terror of Thalumbra, and Kunark Ascending tradeskill timelines will not help you level up very much because they were capped at level 100, but the Planes of Prophecy timeline *WILL* take you to level 120 by the time you finish it. It gives that much XP. you can skip over the Chaos Descending, Blood of Luclin and Reign of Shadows timelines that come afterward if you want to (but you should still do them for their really awesome tradeskill rewards).

Sometimes I wonder if it would be best to go back and add some sort of in-game note to directly mention this to every player who reaches level 100. As much as it breaks the immersion to directly tell a player "Hey, you should skip these expansions to continue leveling up because grinding just isn't possible anymore", it would save a lot of confusion.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.