Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

There is now :) We made them during tinkerfest.
    Soara2, ttobey and Schmetterling like this.
  2. Sephris Member

I asked this is in discord as well, but is there any reason / design choice as to why more brawler weapons don't hang on our character models waist when "sheathed"? I love the aesthetic of having them visible even when out of combat, so is there any way to have more of them on display moving forwards, as well as to retroactively make some older gear items visible ?
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Someone setting them up probably missed a check box. "allow_sheath, I'll check with Covic when he's back from vacation.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Is there a specific weapon that isn't showing? Not that that will help me much by looking at it.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Also if you ask in Discord, it probably won't get to us. Asking here is always better.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes there are ttobey proof steamrollers I have them up my sleeve.

They do exist, my sleeves as well exist.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  7. Sephris Member

You actually responded to my ask in discord originally but it was more just a passing discussion.

And in general, i would say almost any and all brawler weapons don't show on the hip when sheathed. I was wondering if there was any design theory that would change moving forwards? Weapons such as knuckles, katars, fistwraps, dusters, claws almost all do not appear on the hip. ex:
    "Bonded Fistwrap of Foresight" (lvl 123) - "Stelgar Mortertoe's Katar of Fortitude" (lvl 122) - "Despoiler's Knuckles of Frenzy" (lvl 120) - "Fist of the unrivaled" (lvl 95)

all do not display when sheathed.

Some of the few weapons that DO show when sheathed include:
    "The Restored Hand of Serenity" (lvl 80) - "Prismatic Circular Bladed Chakram" (lvl 120) - "Bloody Shissar Bone Cestus" (120)

I'd love to see more brawler weapons hang on the hip when sheathed, and was curious if it was something we could see more of in the new xpac!
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

yeah OK, I see that now. The fist weapons don't have a sheathe bone checked. Let me see if there's a reason.
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  9. Sephris Member

I do understand that some of the fist weapons (like the HUGE katars) might look a little silly sheathed, there's many of them that would look quite lovely :) thanks for checking!
    Geroblue likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ooooh ttobey there are bunches of bright pink cubes in Darklight woods.
    on Tarinax.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What did you break?
    Breanna likes this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm not seeing them, what area in Darklight?
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the Sableflame Fanatics, in front of the crater, in between the Crater and the red tent.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I did not see pink cubes there, let me check again. Were you drinking before you were there?
    Whilhelmina and Breanna like this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

They all look good to me. Are you streaming the game or have full download? And are you on Live server?
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

on TARINAX and I found some more amongs the Thexian reaver.
    I wished I knew how to post screenshots and I would show you.
    I will see if those things are visible to any of my other toons, but I will do that after I take of those square pink glasses. (Seriously, they are there)
    Breanna likes this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

submit a bug on that one.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Also try zoning in and out and see if that fixes it.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I did my next idea was just to kill the pink invaders to see if they come back normal, but then Tarinax crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!o_O:eek:
    those were just harmless bright pink cubs ttobey , you did not have to pull the plug on the server.
    Whilhelmina and Breanna like this.